John Quincy Adams coins

Old May 16th 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

Default John Quincy Adams coins

I see the Mint is selling bags of the J.Q. Adams dollars.
Have they hit the banks yet?
Old May 16th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

RF wrote:
I see the Mint is selling bags of the J.Q. Adams dollars.
Have they hit the banks yet?

In my town it takes about 2 weeks for new quarters and dollars to hit
the banks. YMMV.
Old May 16th 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

RF wrote:
I see the Mint is selling bags of the J.Q. Adams dollars.
Have they hit the banks yet?

Yes indeed! I picked up a roll and some loose yesterday. The teller
had to have a manager check an email to make sure she could release them
as she did not want to let them go before the release date. I told them
I would be back on August 16th for the Andrew Jackson.
Old May 16th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Slime Lowlife

In article
, Jud
wrote:

RF wrote:
I see the Mint is selling bags of the J.Q. Adams dollars.
Have they hit the banks yet?

In my town it takes about 2 weeks for new quarters and dollars to hit
the banks. YMMV.

I've managed to score a roll this afternoon, so they are out in the
wild.
Old May 18th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

I have been offline most of the week and travelling to a supplier for work.
I did get rolls of them on Tuesday (2 days early) and many banks had them on
Wednesday, but I could not get a large number until Thursday. NM quarters
also showed up at the same time at some of those branches.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

Join the Revolution:
http://www.sirius.com

"Slime Lowlife" wrote in message
In article
, Jud

Old May 19th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On May 15, 7:31 pm, RF wrote:
I see the Mint is selling bags of the J.Q. Adams dollars.
Have they hit the banks yet?

I was told on 5/16 that my local branch would have them in this
Thursday; quicker than I would expect.

I am more into halves, although after seeing a bank teller open a new
box of 1995-P BU Kennedy's to give me
two rolls, my hopes of finding moderate, even minuscule, amounts of
silver anymore is fading fast

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/
Old May 19th 08, 09:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On May 15, 4:31*pm, RF wrote:
I see the Mint is selling bags of the J.Q. Adams dollars.
Have they hit the banks yet?

They are released from the Federal Reserve 2 weeks before the public
release date. So, they are actually delivered to all of the Fed
locations nationwide in advance of the advance availability date.

Announcements are in the monthly Fed Flash newsletter online.

Schedule is published on the US mint website and the Federal Reserve
commemorative coin website.

Links have been provided many, many times in the past. If I had time I
would goolge them and post them again. Gotta run.