Why am I not surprized?

Old November 9th 03, 07:09 PM
ELurio

Default Why am I not surprized?

They just announced the design for the Texas quarter:

http://www.krause.com/static/coins.htm
Old November 9th 03, 07:39 PM
Bob Flaminio

ELurio wrote:
They just announced the design for the Texas quarter:

http://www.krause.com/static/coins.htm

A SO with a star on it. Could it have been any worse?

--
Bob

Old November 9th 03, 07:54 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Bob Flaminio wrote:

ELurio wrote:
They just announced the design for the Texas quarter:

http://www.krause.com/static/coins.htm

A SO with a star on it. Could it have been any worse?

--
Bob

It has a rope on it, too.

Alan
'no comment'
Old November 9th 03, 08:12 PM
Scottishmoney

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
A SO with a star on it. Could it have been any worse?

--
Bob

It has a rope on it, too.

Alan

Actually having lived in Texas, I can say the design with the SO is
appropriate, probably one of the few states where that is the case. The
outline is everywhere, on road signs etc. With the exception of the
rectangular states, try and find a state where everybody that lives there
know what the outline of the state looks like.

Dave

---

Old November 9th 03, 09:14 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message

"Alan & Erin Williams" wrote in message
A SO with a star on it. Could it have been any worse?

--
Bob

It has a rope on it, too.

Alan

Actually having lived in Texas, I can say the design with the SO is
appropriate, probably one of the few states where that is the case. The
outline is everywhere, on road signs etc. With the exception of the
rectangular states, try and find a state where everybody that lives there
know what the outline of the state looks like.

Dave

I don't like it much but it could have been worse.
A few more pieces of clip art like a mockingbird and a bluebonnet and a
pecan tree
would have made it worse and I am surprised that they didn't do that.

Dale
A Texan by birth and attitude :-).

Old November 9th 03, 09:17 PM
Christian Feldhaus

Scottishmoney wrote:

With the exception of the rectangular states, try and find a state where
everybody that lives there know what the outline of the state looks like.

Florida is another one, I'd say. Now what does mean for the FL SQ? g

Christian
Old November 9th 03, 10:05 PM
Jorg Lueke

On 09 Nov 2003 19:09:41 GMT, ELurio wrote:

They just announced the design for the Texas quarter:

http://www.krause.com/static/coins.htm

Not only do they have to use the state outline with a single start. But
then, just in case you are a complete idiot, they have to add the text as
well. See here you silly clod, the outline is the state of texas and that
there is a lone star, get it??? They might as well put a sledge hammer on
the coin.
Old November 10th 03, 01:55 AM
Bruce Remick

ELurio wrote:

They just announced the design for the Texas quarter:

http://www.krause.com/static/coins.htm

Hey! Is this another new contest? To guess why you are not surprised?

Okay-- because you already knew there was going to be a Texas state
quarter?

Bruce
I was going to submit my design that featured the interior of the old
Gilley's on a Saturday night, but I couldn't get a release from three of
the people at the third table near the back.
Old November 10th 03, 04:20 AM
Chrysta Wilson

In article ,
says...
They just announced the design for the Texas quarter:

http://www.krause.com/static/coins.htm

I'm surprised. I thought perhaps Parcells would be on it.

--
Chrysta Wilson

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com