USA concept dollars stolen in France

Old September 24th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dcarr

Default USA concept dollars stolen in France

Ten of the 27mm silver coins pictured below, certified by ICG PR69
DCAM, were stolen using a credit card number taken from a German
citizen. The coins were shipped to the following address in April,
2007:

Andreca Pawel
19 Rue Theodore De Banville
Ile De France
Paris 75017
France

These coins are 1/2 troy ounce each. The obverse features American
aviation pioneer Bessie Coleman. The reverse shows a soaring eagle,
sun, and "USA". They are the only ones ever mailed to Europe. So
if they turn up, they should be easy to identify as stolen property
(unless melted).

Old September 24th 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edwin Johnston

dcarr wrote:
Ten of the 27mm silver coins pictured below, certified by ICG PR69
DCAM, were stolen using a credit card number taken from a German
citizen. The coins were shipped to the following address in April,
2007:

Andreca Pawel
19 Rue Theodore De Banville
Ile De France
Paris 75017
France

These coins are 1/2 troy ounce each. The obverse features American
aviation pioneer Bessie Coleman. The reverse shows a soaring eagle,
sun, and "USA". They are the only ones ever mailed to Europe. So
if they turn up, they should be easy to identify as stolen property
(unless melted).

Yikes! Hopefully ol' Bessie Coleman can make a return flight.
Old September 24th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

"dcarr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ten of the 27mm silver coins pictured below, certified by ICG PR69
DCAM, were stolen using a credit card number taken from a German
citizen. The coins were shipped to the following address in April,
2007:

Andreca Pawel
19 Rue Theodore De Banville
Ile De France
Paris 75017
France

Does the intended recipient want their address published all over the
internet?

Old September 24th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ed Hendricks

Ukraina Dvi wrote:
"dcarr" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ten of the 27mm silver coins pictured below, certified by ICG PR69
DCAM, were stolen using a credit card number taken from a German
citizen. The coins were shipped to the following address in April,
2007:

Andreca Pawel
19 Rue Theodore De Banville
Ile De France
Paris 75017
France

Does the intended recipient want their address published all over the
internet?

Who cares what they want? If they are a crook, all perspective future victims need to
know as much as possible about their MO. Apparently that is the address given to
Daniel by the crook who was using a stolen credit card number. Obviously the crook
has some access to that person/address, otherwise he would not be able to profit from
his illegal activities. I wonder if the French gendarmes would have any interest in
following up on that lead. If I were Daniel I would not hold my breath waiting for
that to happen.

©¿©¬
~
Ed Hendricks

Old September 24th 07, 05:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jon Purkey

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:10:13 -0400, "Ukraina Dvi"
wrote:

Does the intended recipient want their address published all over the
internet?

May not even be the address of the crook. The crook could just grab
the package from the mailbox and the homeowern would not even know
they received a package.

Old September 24th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dcarr

wrote:
Does the intended recipient want their address published all over the
internet?

May not even be the address of the crook. The crook could just grab
the package from the mailbox and the homeowern would not even know
they received a package.

The coins were sent registered mail to that address. The recipient
would have to sign for them.
The owner of the credit card lives in Germany. My main intent with
this post is make make other
people aware of this so that they can take appropriate action. I've
received a message that this
is a known crook and some other dealers are working to catch the
theif.

Old September 24th 07, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Chuck D'Ambra[_2_]

wrote:

Does the intended recipient want their address published all over the
internet?

May not even be the address of the crook. The crook could just grab
the package from the mailbox and the homeowern would not even know
they received a package.

We received an order in June for a $5 Liberty gold coin from someone
using the exact same name and mailing address. The coin was not shipped
because we had reason to believe that someone else's credit card info
had been provided for payment.

I can provide the e-mail address and phone number entered with this
order, if it will help, but keep in mind there's no guarantee that
they're accurate.

--

Chuck D'Ambra, Telesphere Numismatics
web site address: www.telecoins.com

Old September 25th 07, 11:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Andy[_3_]

So what did Germans do to you? My grandpa and his dad got locked up by
Australians just because they were German but I certainly don't have
anything against Australians.

"Reginald Vanderbilt" wrote in message
.. .
Well, if they were stolen from a German, you won't get any sympathy from
me.

oups.com...

Old September 25th 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:10:34 GMT, Andy wrote:
So what did Germans do to you? My grandpa and his dad got locked up by
Australians just because they were German but I certainly don't have
anything against Australians.

Interesting, I haven't learned about this. WWII camps akin to what we
did to people of Japanese ancestry here in the USA, I assume?

UNC = Unclear on the concept Bland Allison[_3_] Coins 1 July 8th 07 05:43 AM
Concept coins kathy1945 Coins 6 April 7th 07 08:40 PM
Skid Row Los Angeles Silver Dollars (stolen collection?) Fred Shecter Coins 4 October 14th 06 09:55 AM
FA: France MNH 1965-1982 CV 800+ dollars wj Marketplace 0 December 18th 05 11:44 AM
STOLEN ** 03 BAP Ult TRIPLE Made To Order #1 of 10 ** STOLEN Jean-Francois Allan Hockey 5 July 24th 03 08:10 AM