Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

Old June 14th 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

There's lots of possible references, but Matthew 4:8 is probably one
of the less ambiguous here.

Good catch! During the early era of Pangaea, when the oceans were much
higher and the landmass much smaller due to Global Warming, that would
have been possible.

James

Hehe.

You think?
(If there had been *people* around then)

And just think of the even greater panoramic view from atop the back of a
dinosaur!

James

While it is certainly true that early man had domesticated the dinosaur, a
tree on a hilltop would afford a better vantage point.

You're right. I seem to remember Fred Flintstone climbing up the back of
Dino to get a boost into his favorite lookout tree.

James

Old June 14th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Arnold Quarry" wrote in message
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in message You're
kidding right? The bible says the earth is flat.
Where does it say that?

The ancient Israelites who authored the Bible thought the earth was a flat
disk resting on two pillars with a rotating solid sky dome overhead which
carried the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars and allowed water to leak through
"windows of heaven" or sluice gates to form clouds and rain. God was
imagined to live on top of the dome and walk on it.

The Hebrew word "shamayim" is translated as both sky and heaven. To the
ancient Hebrews they meant exactly the same thing. God lived in and on the
sky dome with the Sun, the Moon, and the rest of the "host of heaven"(the
stars).

Here God is imagined to draw a circle on the face of the waters to make
the
earth.

(Proverbs 8:26-27) when he had not yet made earth and fields, or the
world's
first bits of soil. When he established the heavens, I was there, when he
drew a circle on the face of the deep

A circle is of course a flat round object. Some would say that the ancient
Hebrews had no word for sphere so they used circle, but that is not true.
There is a Hebrew word for sphere used in the bible. A flat round earth
was
intuitive to these primitive people. If you picture yourself in their
place,
it would not be too hard to imagine the earth as being round and flat as
you
turn around to trace the outline of the horizon where the sky seems to
meet
the earth.

A flat round earth is intuitive to anyone who has not yet acquired the
ability to observe with reason. I myself shared that view when I was four
years old. I fully expected that if I walked far enough I would eventually
either bump into the firmament or fall off the edge of the earth.
Fortunately, my parents never filled my young mind with crippling
superstition of any kind, and I was fairly soon able to postulate a
spherical earth. To even the casual observer, there is evidence of same, if
nothing other than the fact that ships sailing away from the land gradually,
not suddenly, disappear from view. I believe that there were always at
least a few people in any given society who could independently arrive at
the true nature of things (I can't provide their names any more than you can
provide the names of those ancient Israelites who authored the Bible).
They, of course, would often be quickly put to death to prevent their heresy
from spreading. After all, it was true then, and remains true today, that
power is more secure when truth is suppressed.

James

Old June 15th 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

--
*
/?\

A conclusion is simply the place
where you decided to stop thinking.

Man and dinosaurs did not go exist, man arrived long after dinosaurs became
extinct. Billy

Old June 15th 08, 08:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
note.boy

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Jeff R." wrote in message
[...]

Having now read this post my previous post about man and dinosaurs not co
existing may be in error. :-) Billy Wilma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old June 15th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Jeff R." wrote in message
[...]

We'll forgive you THIS time.

James

Old June 15th 08, 10:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aladdin Sane

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Jeff R." wrote in message
[...]

DUUUUHHHHH Ya Think?

--
*
/?\

Old June 15th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aladdin Sane

"note.boy" wrote in message

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"Jeff R." wrote in message
u...

"Jeff R." wrote in message
[...]

Oh, and the concept your searching for is CO-EXIST. Have no idea what a go
exist is.

Old June 15th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jun 15, 5:40*pm, "Aladdin Sane" wrote:
Oh, and the concept your searching for is CO-EXIST. *

Don't you mean "you're"?
Tsk, tsk, tsk!
Old June 15th 08, 11:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_3_]

"Aladdin Sane" wrote in message

"note.boy" wrote in message

snip

Man and dinosaurs did not go exist, man arrived long after dinosaurs
became extinct. Billy

Oh, and the concept your searching for is CO-EXIST. Have no idea what a
go exist is.

Oh, and the word you're searching for is YOU'RE.

Coins of the Bible Jump Master[_2_] Coins 8 January 4th 08 02:39 AM
Value of old German Bible drhender Books 3 May 23rd 06 04:23 PM
Antique Bible chattykathy Books 2 October 27th 05 03:55 AM
1543 Bible Dick Stephens Books 1 July 28th 03 05:43 PM