Free To List!! Why not should be the question?

Old November 15th 05, 04:46 AM
No Body

Default Free To List!! Why not should be the question?

Can someone explain to me why everyone is insisting on paying for a
service that is FREE on Yahoo? If your answer is "they get more
traffic" isn't that chicken and egg syndrome?

Yahoo's service is there ....personally I find it a lot easier to
navigate so I will use it. I don't like the fact that EBay seems to
have a monopoly on "Internet Auctions" because it is just wrong.
I think the fees they charge are ridiculous. I don't understand why
everybody seems to want to pay for this service. Did you you know
that the "insertion fee" for 1 item with a starting or reserve price
of under...get this UNDER one dollar......thats .99cents and lower....
is .30cents. Can you believe it thirty cents goes to EBAY whether or
NOT you sell your item. ADD it up and consider all the "thirty cents"
the have gotten from us folks. Why don't we switch to the guys who
will let us list and buy for free in a secure Paypal environment? I
am having trouble wrapping my head around this one. We are just
collectors trying to fund our passions and yet we fork out our money
to the rich folks who take the shirts off our back.
Thanks for letting me vent.

http://auctions.yahoo.com