French Guinea question

Old September 5th 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default French Guinea question

http://cjoint.com/data/jgpkRV2yyL.htm
My Scott lists only a violet and blue. The one on the left is definitely a
red violet and blue but I can find no mention of it in Scott. Perhaps
someone with a different catalogue can comment. Peut-être quelqu'un avec un
catalogue Yvert ....
TIA
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old September 5th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

I only have Gibbons simp.
but my own examples confirm your suggestion
http://cjoint.com/data/jgrfc3KCGT.htm

Old September 5th 09, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Thouin[_2_]

"Tony Vella" wrote in message
http://cjoint.com/data/jgpkRV2yyL.htm
My Scott lists only a violet and blue. The one on the left is definitely a
red violet and blue but I can find no
mention of it in Scott. Perhaps someone with a different catalogue can
comment. Peut-être quelqu'un avec un
catalogue Yvert ....
TIA
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Hi

No color varieties are noted in Yvert for this stamp. Take into account
that this stamp was issued in 1913 and it is the last 1 c. stamp issued
for French Guinea until its amalgamation into French Western Africa in
1948. Possibly numerous printings were made. Yvert notes «violet et
bleu».

Regards

Richard Thouin
Old September 5th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 5 Sep, 01:40, "Tony Vella" wrote:
http://cjoint.com/data/jgpkRV2yyL.htm
My Scott lists only a violet and blue. *The one on the left is definitely a
red violet and blue but I can find no mention of it in Scott. *Perhaps
someone with a different catalogue can comment. *Peut-être quelqu'un avec un
catalogue Yvert ....
TIA
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada --http://www.amedialuz.ca/

SG Part 6 says "violet & blue" with no varieties. The two I have are
close to the right-hand ones in both Tony's and Rodney's scans, one
being slightly lighter violet than t'other.

Chris
Old September 6th 09, 02:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ryan Davenport

Richard Thouin wrote:
"Tony Vella" wrote in message
[...]

Same thing in Cérès, no colour variety listed.

Ryan