MLK commemorative, huh?

Old October 7th 03, 03:24 PM
Mark Miwerds

Default MLK commemorative, huh?

Now that we're sure they're dumping the Sacasumthin
dollar, the industry talk of an MLK commemorative is intensifying.

The aspect that really irritates me about this
particular choice, is the fact that the King had about
as much to do with genuine greatness as his memory
represents a credit to OUR society, and now they want
to canonize the myth with a numismatic insult?

Can you say "manufactured history"?

In fact, I hear the mint is planning on an annual
release of commemorative dollars honoring "Famous
Americans", and I can just imagine who (and what) they
have in mind for the few years we have remaining.

From female statesmen and rebellious negroes, to queer
leaders and hispanic pioneers (anything but the fine
Caucasian males that set it all up for everybody else),
I can see it now: the first ever NGC certified "Silver
Spook Set" collectors will cherish for months to come!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It wouldn't bother me so much if these dollar coins were actually
intended for use (being used) in
circulation, because it would establish a value beyond
the perceived, but since we know cash commerce is being
phased out, these costly ornaments are nothing more
than the market-scam proof of a murdered nation.

In the meantime, the same retailers are busy selling off what's left
of our 90% silver heritage
by-the-pound, and calling it a "great opportunity"!

Gee really? Opportunity for WHO?
Old October 7th 03, 03:48 PM
Edwin Johnston

"Mark Miwerds" wrote in message
om...
Now that we're sure they're dumping the Sacasumthin
dollar, the industry talk of an MLK commemorative is intensifying.

The aspect that really irritates me about this
particular choice, is the fact that the King had about
as much to do with genuine greatness as his memory
represents a credit to OUR society, and now they want
to canonize the myth with a numismatic insult?

Can you say "manufactured history"?

In fact, I hear the mint is planning on an annual
release of commemorative dollars honoring "Famous
Americans", and I can just imagine who (and what) they
have in mind for the few years we have remaining.

From female statesmen and rebellious negroes, to queer
leaders and hispanic pioneers (anything but the fine
Caucasian males that set it all up for everybody else),
I can see it now: the first ever NGC certified "Silver
Spook Set" collectors will cherish for months to come!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It wouldn't bother me so much if these dollar coins were actually
intended for use (being used) in
circulation, because it would establish a value beyond
the perceived, but since we know cash commerce is being
phased out, these costly ornaments are nothing more
than the market-scam proof of a murdered nation.

In the meantime, the same retailers are busy selling off what's left
of our 90% silver heritage
by-the-pound, and calling it a "great opportunity"!

Gee really? Opportunity for WHO?

Remarkable. A living anachronism!
"Falling Down" hits RCC.

Old October 7th 03, 04:23 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Mark Miwerds wrote:

Now that we're sure they're dumping the Sacasumthin
dollar, the industry talk of an MLK commemorative is intensifying.

The aspect that really irritates me about this
particular choice, is the fact that the King had about
as much to do with genuine greatness as his memory
represents a credit to OUR society, and now they want
to canonize the myth with a numismatic insult?

Can you say "manufactured history"?

I suggest you take a one-way bus ride back to 1963.

Alan
'saving you a seat over the rear-wheel well'
Old October 7th 03, 06:12 PM
Grandpa

Is there a point somewhere in your drivel?

Old October 7th 03, 07:20 PM
Bob Flaminio

Mark Miwerds wrote:
Now that we're sure they're dumping the Sacasumthin
dollar [...]

{stream of consciousness crapfest deleted}

Do you have a cite for the above statement? Sackie's not getting
replaced anytime soon, AFAIK.

--
Bob

Old October 7th 03, 07:33 PM
Larry Louks

Bob Flaminio wrote:
Do you have a cite for the above statement? Sackie's not getting replaced

anytime soon, AFAIK.

Thanks for asking for a source for that statment, Bob. I was about to ask
and you have saved me the trouble.

-=LDL

Old October 7th 03, 08:12 PM
Mark Miwerds

Remarkable. A living anachronism!
"Falling Down" hits RCC.

I see Hollywood does your thinking for you, and I'm
sure that's why you didn't dispute what I said (just
that I dared to say it), but the laughable irony of
your knee-pad myopia is that you think I'm an
irrational anachronism that stands alone! ((whew))

Seems to me the "falling down" was already here -- I
just stepped on it!

I suggest you take a one-way bus ride back to 1963.
Alan

If I could, I would Alan, because that was also a tumultuous time when
attitudes like mine were needed the most, and compliant saps like you
(and Edwin) stood by and let the Zionist jews murder our statesmen,
send our kids off to die on foreign soil, rape our economy, and poison
our segregated securities with simian stage acts like Rosa Parks and
MLK.

Yeah, you had better believe I'd go back, because in 40
years, nothing has changed except the threat to
ourselves! Interestingly, I noticed YOU didn't dispute what I said
either, but do you actually think things
have improved since silver content and common sense
were buried right along with JFK? ....DO you?

Anyway, I hope you'll love the new faggot paper due out
this week, and revere those Nigga Dollas when the mint
permits its SUCKERS to BUY them! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old October 7th 03, 08:36 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Mark Miwerds wrote:

(Much-needed snip)

I suggest you take a one-way bus ride back to 1963.
Alan

If I could, I would Alan, because that was also a tumultuous time when
attitudes like mine were needed the most... (snip of juvenalia)

Enjoying yourself? Easily amused!

Alan
'PLONK'
Old October 7th 03, 08:42 PM
John Stone

"Edwin Johnston" wrote in message ...
"Mark Miwerds" wrote in message
om...
Now that we're sure they're dumping the Sacasumthin
dollar, the industry talk of an MLK commemorative is intensifying.

The aspect that really irritates me about this
particular choice, is the fact that the King had about
as much to do with genuine greatness as his memory
represents a credit to OUR society, and now they want
to canonize the myth with a numismatic insult?

Can you say "manufactured history"?

In fact, I hear the mint is planning on an annual
release of commemorative dollars honoring "Famous
Americans", and I can just imagine who (and what) they
have in mind for the few years we have remaining.

From female statesmen and rebellious negroes, to queer
leaders and hispanic pioneers (anything but the fine
Caucasian males that set it all up for everybody else),
I can see it now: the first ever NGC certified "Silver
Spook Set" collectors will cherish for months to come!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It wouldn't bother me so much if these dollar coins were actually
intended for use (being used) in
circulation, because it would establish a value beyond
the perceived, but since we know cash commerce is being
phased out, these costly ornaments are nothing more
than the market-scam proof of a murdered nation.

In the meantime, the same retailers are busy selling off what's left
of our 90% silver heritage
by-the-pound, and calling it a "great opportunity"!

Gee really? Opportunity for WHO?

Remarkable. A living anachronism!
"Falling Down" hits RCC.

Yeah, a racist troll. Coins usually don't inspire that kind of thing but
you never know what is going to show up in newsgroups.