shipping a juke

Old July 3rd 03, 04:04 PM
Bernie

Default shipping a juke

Okay, so I bought another box. I guess I can be called a jukebox
"collector" since I have more than one now. But this will be the
first time that I'll have to have it shipped. I just can't get the
time to go and pick it up. So I come to you guys for advice. Have you
ever had a box delivered? If so, who do you recommend? I see there's a
company called craters and freighters, they're a little pricy bu they
box if up for shipping. And then there's Eric's who specializes in
jukes. Cheaper but we have to wrap it up for shipping. So what do you
recommend. Thanks for all your help

Again....

Bernie
Old July 3rd 03, 04:17 PM
Ken In Texas

Eric does good work so does C&F but the latter is pretty high.

I also recently used north american van lines to ship a pinball and they
came and got it and wrapped it up. It arrived in as good as condition
as it left but your mileage may vary

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Old July 3rd 03, 05:25 PM
classic-tech

Thats true... I think his name was John Rabbit or so.... may be out of
business.

"Crazy George" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Just out of curiosity, whatever happened to the guy who used to post on

here
all the time, and trucked back and forth across the country hauling jukes
and a few console radios? Don't recall his name anymore.

--
Crazy George
Also in Texas

Old July 4th 03, 08:13 PM
mike

I use North American Van lines. I purchased a box recently and they wrapped
it with heavy furniture blankets, then followed with plastic wrapping and
sealed it. Although the metal pilasters did incur some damage (dented), they
were pretty quick to process my damage claim. I think if some plywood or
heavy cardboard had been in place, damage could have been avoided. I am
having a 1428 moved form NY right now and can let you know how it goes.
BTW - NY to TX was $278 including insurance and it is to be delivered to my
door within one week.

Also have shipped some Wurly OMT's with BAX Global and had good luck as
well. Current owner needn't crate, but it helps if they have heavy cardboard
available for extra protection.

Hope this helps
Mike

om...

Old July 5th 03, 04:02 AM
Matthew Piechotta

Jack Rabbit Shipping --
http://www.angelfire.com/games2/JackRabbitShipping/
801-361-3230

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

om...

Old July 5th 03, 04:20 AM
Keith Stelter

Wrong answer dude!
Jackrabbit disappeared about 6 months ago with people's machines and money!
Last I heard he was making promises to make everything right with people,
but I haven't heard that he did.

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

om...

Old July 5th 03, 02:55 PM
Keith Stelter

I don't really want to open this whole can of worms again, but when
JackRabbit came onto the scene everyone was stumbling over themselves to use
him because his delivery times were faster than Eric's shipping. A few of us
knew that JackRabbit wouldn't be able to sustain his business for long, but
we got completely flamed when we stated our opinions on the newsgroups. We
were also concerned that unlike Eric's shipping, it appeared that JackRabbit
had never really formed a legitimate business and didn't have any insurance!
He really took some heat. Now that Jackrabbit has disappeared (supposedly
with a lot of people's money and machines) no one wants to talk about it
anymore. In all fairness Kevin (JackRabbit) may have worked everything out
with the people that he left high and dry and it;s just not been reported on
the newsgroups, but I sure haven't heard about that happening.
Eric's shipping has been around a long time. They take a while to get
machines moved around the country, but I've used them many times with no
problems. They wrap the machines with shrink-wrap and blankets and have
always been more than fair with me!

"Don Lanway" wrote in message
t...
Sorry to say that it proves one thing... you have to work smart to

succeed,
working hard isn't enough.

Don
Oregon Jukebox (when I'm not working a real job to pay the bills)

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

"Bernie" wrote in message
om...
Okay, so I bought another box. I guess I can be called a jukebox
"collector" since I have more than one now. But this will be the
first time that I'll have to have it shipped. I just can't get the
time to go and pick it up. So I come to you guys for advice. Have

you
ever had a box delivered? If so, who do you recommend? I see

there's
company called craters and freighters, they're a little pricy bu

they
box if up for shipping. And then there's Eric's who specializes in
jukes. Cheaper but we have to wrap it up for shipping. So what do

you
recommend. Thanks for all your help

Again....

Bernie

---

Old July 7th 03, 02:28 PM
Hassell Castle

Yep, Jack Rabbit's out.

However, I just used TradeWinds in Detroit to pack a OMT up for me.
They charged $100 to crate the machine in wood and pack it heavily in
bubblewrap, shrinkwrap and cardboard and then deliver it to Pilot Air.
I then had it shipped to me to Dallas, Texas through my Pilot Air
account. Actual shipping charges was $125, so my total out of pocket
was $225 give or take a few bucks.

Craig

Arlington, Texas
http://www.mindspring.com/~cwaig

JoIn ThE CiRqUs!
C*rqus Volta*re Pinball -------------------------
Software, Tech tips, Pictures, Sounds, Owners List
http://www.mindspring.com/~cwaig/cirqus.htm

2003 Texas Pinball Festival
November 7th-9th * Irving, Texas
www.texaspinball.com