Really old books found

Old August 22nd 13, 10:07 AM
Gixxer5 Gixxer5 is offline
Banned

Default Really old books found

Hello, I read a few threads and it seems to me that this is the place to ask some questions. I found some really old books in an old Victorian home years ago and they have been decoration on my book shelf for years now. I have always wondered if they maybe worth anything. I would really appreciate any info anyone could give me on these books. A couple of the books are a little rough but all intact. The list is below

The Crusades Iron Men and Saints by Harold Lamb Copyright 1930 by Harold Lamb, Printed in the United States at The Country Life Press Garden City, N.Y. (First Edition)

The New Wonder World, Copyright 1932, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1944 by George L. Shuman & Co Vol XI

Reprisal by Ethel Vance, Copyright 1942 by Grace Zaring Stone, Little, Brown and Company Boston 1943

The Natural Way to Draw By Anne Nicolaides renewed 1969 original copyright 1941

Official History of Odd Fellowship, The Three Link Faternity, Declared the official history of the order by the Sovereign Grand Lodge, Sept 25 1897, Reaffirmed Sept. 21 1899, Boston Mass., USA The Faternity Publishing Company 1914, there is also some kind of blank certificate between some pages

Last but not least Punctuation by Paul Alladyce, Philadelphia, The Penn Publishing Company 1902, Copyright 1892, By The Penn Publishing Company
Old August 28th 13, 10:09 PM
SpanishMill SpanishMill is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer5 View Post
I have always wondered if they maybe worth anything. I would really appreciate any info anyone could give me on these books. A couple of the books are a little rough but all intact.

You can find of all of them on abebooks.. but the value greatly depends on the condition of the binding and the dust jacket if it was issued with one.
Your first title can fetch anywhere from $4 to $100

Things found in books RWF Books 5 May 6th 09 04:33 PM
FA:ebay this week - Country Chic - Gnome planter -china, pottery, glass, porcelain, jewelry, vintage lace, action figures BOOKS BOOKS BOOKS Beth General 0 March 7th 04 01:35 PM
Found: Old stamp books Steve P Worldwide Stamps 2 November 26th 03 01:06 PM
old books, rare books, valuable books and bargain price books Studio Bibliografico Iavarone Books 0 November 25th 03 01:11 PM