NSM Concert 240 III (ES4) alignment help

Old August 1st 08, 01:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jon Scaptura

Default NSM Concert 240 III (ES4) alignment help

I am working on my NSM Concert 240 III (model 240-3), and have a few
questions for the list.

I bought this jukebox advertised as non-working. I powered it up and found
that the arm that picks up the records was out of place and the record spun
slowly. I fixed the arm and cleaned and relubed the "platter" and it pulls
the proper record and plays it on speed now.

One issue with the mechanism remains, and that is that one side of the
record starts with the needle half way into the record, while the other side
starts right at the beginning of the record. The "bad" side looks like it
will start properly, but as the needle approaches the record, it is being
pulled towards the middle of the record. I can't see what is pulling it. Any
ideas on where to look?

I also see that the bracket where the springs attach to the tonearm appears
to have been reshaped as well. Can someone supply me a photo of how the
original bracket looked on an ES4 mechanism?

I haven't been able to find a service manual for this jukebox in the US. Are
there other models that use the ES4 computer and mechanism that I could
substitute?

Thanks for any help.

Jon Scaptura

Old August 20th 08, 12:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Aug 1, 8:56*am, "Jon Scaptura" wrote:
[...]

Hello Jon, I have several NSM Jukebox's. Let me know what pictures you
need, and I can e amil them to you.
Jeff