Flowing Hair Dollar Grading & Contest Results

Old September 6th 04, 02:49 AM
Fletch

Default Flowing Hair Dollar Grading & Contest Results

I re-posted to ABPN photos of a flowing hair dollar that I posted here a
coupla
months back. At the time I sought opinions on whether it would cross from a
SEGS 15 to and NGC 12 or 15. (If it didn't cross at NGC I was going to try
PCGS). I'm happy to report that it not only crossed, it got a promotion to
VF-20!

In NGC's defense, I'll say that 1. they no doubt knew that this die was
known for weak strikes and 2. they likely noticed something I didn't -- a
touch of luster still clinging on near the denticles.

In celebration, and as a thank-you, I am sending a 'common' VG to VF walker
to everyone who responded to that post back then. Several of you spent some
real time giving me advice and I appreciate it. Ian, you'll get something
extra, for all you did.

So if you are Frank Provasek, Larry Louks, Bruce Hickmott, Bob Peterson,
A.Gent, Ian, Coin Saver, James Higby or Crow T. Robot, please send me your
snail mail addy at . Ira, I do believe I already have
your address! And if I left anyone out, please let me know!

Thank you all.

--Keith