Found in change

Old May 31st 04, 06:01 AM
J. Craton

Default Found in change

Got a pretty old coin in change today. I have never posted one of these
"found in change" threads before but today I received a 1917 Lincoln in
change. This is the oldest coin I have received this way so far.
I knew it as soon as it hit my hand that it was old, it just had that
look. I waited until I got outside to check because I always feel like a
dork when I check my change while I'm still at the register. I feel like
they probably think that I am counting my coins to make sure they didn't
short me.

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
---------------------------

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

Old May 31st 04, 10:48 AM
Alan Williams

"J. Craton" wrote:

Got a pretty old coin in change today. I have never posted one of these
"found in change" threads before but today I received a 1917 Lincoln in
change. This is the oldest coin I have received this way so far.
I knew it as soon as it hit my hand that it was old, it just had that
look. I waited until I got outside to check because I always feel like a
dork when I check my change while I'm still at the register. I feel like
they probably think that I am counting my coins to make sure they didn't
short me.

Congratulations, Jason! You got a coin that was shiny new when Babe Ruth
was a *pitcher* for the *Boston Red Sox*. ;-)

Alan
'Tris Speaker was not a Longacre design'
Old May 31st 04, 06:39 PM
A E McIntosh

"J. Craton" wrote in news:10blf0n70c367a5
@corp.supernews.com:

Got a pretty old coin in change today. I have never posted one of these
"found in change" threads before but today I received a 1917 Lincoln in
change. This is the oldest coin I have received this way so far.
I knew it as soon as it hit my hand that it was old, it just had that
look. I waited until I got outside to check because I always feel like a
dork when I check my change while I'm still at the register. I feel like
they probably think that I am counting my coins to make sure they didn't
short me.

ain't it a great feeling to get a cool coin in change??????? i always do a
little happy dance when i get something neat...people think i'm strange for
it but what do i care????

i got a 1909 vdb in change years ago...i wrapped in a clean tissue, shoved
it in my pocket, and i think i made a visit to dairy queen....

anita
Old June 1st 04, 07:33 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:01:09 -0700, "J. Craton"
wrote:

Got a pretty old coin in change today. I have never posted one of these
"found in change" threads before but today I received a 1917 Lincoln in
change. This is the oldest coin I have received this way so far.
I knew it as soon as it hit my hand that it was old, it just had that
look. I waited until I got outside to check because I always feel like a
dork when I check my change while I'm still at the register. I feel like
they probably think that I am counting my coins to make sure they didn't
short me.

===============================
Did you check to see if it might be the 1917 DDO? Expensive find, if
it is.
Aram.
Old June 2nd 04, 04:05 AM
J. Craton

wrote:

===============================
Did you check to see if it might be the 1917 DDO? Expensive find, if
it is.
Aram.

I sure didn't! Now I'm going to have to find where I put it and give it
a check.

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5
Interested in error coins?
http://www.error-coins.com - A work in progress (lack of progress really).

Nick is a DICK!
Reid is a troglodyte!

GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY GLIMPSES OF A MYSTERY Books 0 August 29th 04 06:07 AM
Found strange Jefferson Nickel in change Bbooth202 Coins 2 November 16th 03 06:02 PM
Found in change Aladdin Sane Coins 1 November 4th 03 04:33 PM
Found in Rolls and in Change.... Steve Coins 0 August 2nd 03 03:35 PM
Yet Another Chapter in "Found in Change" John Pascarella Coins 2 July 21st 03 04:08 AM