Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 27th 03, 07:35 PM
Frank Provasek

Default Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
"a. linklurker" wrote in message

Old October 27th 03, 07:42 PM
Bob Flaminio

Frank Provasek wrote:
LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

Sorry to hear it, Frank. I've disagreed with you on many issues, but
interfering with one's business is abhorrent. I hope you take
appropriate legal action in this regard.

--
Bob

Old October 27th 03, 07:48 PM
Bob Niland

Frank Provasek wrote:

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear
campaigns for several years. Just another
tactic by the Frank-haters.

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it.

But I recently asked two questions you have
yet to answer:

1. Why are you arguing for your spam policy
in newsgroups? What do you expect to
accomplish?

2. What was the NARU for? If for spamming,
several of us did try to warn you. It is
not the newsgroup readership you need to
persuade - it is eBay.

--
Regards, PO Box 248
Bob Niland Enterprise

Unless otherwise specifically stated, expressing
personal opinions and NOT speaking for any
employer, client or Internet Service Provider.
Old October 27th 03, 08:52 PM
DONDI3

In article , "Frank
Provasek" writes:

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

Ah, Frank, but you must admit, you've been a "willing victim", more than once
setting yourself up for a fall.

Sometimes you just hafta learn to shut up...;-) There are those who take great
pleasure in their envy motivated vigilante activities. It's the only life some
of them have and most of us don't have the time to fight someone who has
nothing else to do except narc and run. They are the miserable ones and they
love to have someone to share it with. You appear to advertise yourself
heavily to those sad cases and they do what they always do...bring everyone
they can to their level.

Market your customers and leave the tattle tales alone.

dondi3
DONDI enterprises. BUY, SELL, TRADE. RARE COINS & PRECIOUS METALS
Member COINNET, CSNS, ANA, INA, MOON, ILNA.
Old October 27th 03, 09:13 PM
Frank Provasek

"Bob Niland" wrote in message
news
Frank Provasek wrote:

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear
campaigns for several years. Just another
tactic by the Frank-haters.

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it.

But I recently asked two questions you have
yet to answer:

1. Why are you arguing for your spam policy
in newsgroups? What do you expect to
accomplish?

I was arguing against ebay's right to claim our customers as their
own, and their efforts to prohibit contact with customers I have had
for years just because we are both registered with ebay. These are
serious issues for independent businesses.

2. What was the NARU for? If for spamming,
several of us did try to warn you. It is
not the newsgroup readership you need to
persuade - it is eBay.

No, it was not for spamming.

Old October 27th 03, 09:28 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:35:12 GMT, "Frank Provasek"
wrote:

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

Do you know why you were NARUed? (Does eBay tell you?)

What I do know is that there are some very hateful people in this
newsgroup who, according to all appearances, would resort to just
about anything. Someone else in this thread said this is the only life
they have, and there's truth to this, I believe. Usenet gives angry
people a way to vent, to strike out, and a small minority do so, often
viciously, trying to hurt others in ways that have nothing to do with
the purpose of this newsgroup, the discussion and debating of coins,
trying to interfere with their professional and personal lives and
calling them names because of the sexual orientation. This of course
isn't unique to this particular newsgroup.

--

Email me at (delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old October 27th 03, 10:03 PM
Frank Provasek

"a. linklurker" wrote in message

"Frank Provasek" wrote
"Bob Niland" wrote
Frank Provasek admitted:
I have been the perp of newsgroup spam
campaigns for several years.

I have never sent spam. Period. Never.
Isn't that cute for you to change the text of my quote.
I said

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear
campaigns for several years.

If you don't believe some of horrible untrue things that have been publicly
posted to ruin my reputation, just check google. I won't bring them up
again.

Old October 27th 03, 10:28 PM
Bob Niland

"Bob Niland" wrote
Frank Provasek wrote:

1. Why are you arguing for your spam policy
in newsgroups? What do you expect to
accomplish?

I was arguing against ebay's right to claim our
customers as their own, and their efforts to
prohibit contact with customers I have had for
years just because we are both registered with
ebay. These are serious issues ...

That still doesn't answer the question.
I could read between the lines and presume
that you are trying to get other eBay'ers
to support some sort of petition or revolt,
but if so, you need to say so.

The cliche goes:
"the meaning of your communication
is in the response that you get"
Based on the responses, most people see you
as just an evangelist for spam. Unless you
change your message, you are not going to
change the responses.

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear
campaigns for several years.

And why would anyone go to the trouble?
This comes across as paranoid, unless:
* the smears come from a small number of
unhappy former customers, or
* your continuing advocacy of an easily
misunderstood message makes people think
you are a spammer - and a large number of
internet users do indeed love to hunt and
harrass spammers [real and imagined].

Commercial email is fraught with an increasing
amount of risk. It needs to be explicitly
OPT-IN, and the sender needs to permanently
keep a record of the original opt-in transaction.

Even so, lazy Yahoo users, for example, will
still check[*] This Is Spam
rather than opting back out, and you'll soon
find all your email to yahoo going to Bulk.

Old October 27th 03, 10:30 PM
Rita A. Berkowitz

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...

"Bob Niland" wrote in message
news
Frank Provasek wrote:

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear
campaigns for several years. Just another
tactic by the Frank-haters.

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it.

But I recently asked two questions you have
yet to answer:

1. Why are you arguing for your spam policy
in newsgroups? What do you expect to
accomplish?

I was arguing against ebay's right to claim our customers as their
own, and their efforts to prohibit contact with customers I have had
for years just because we are both registered with ebay. These are
serious issues for independent businesses.

If you had these customers for years then you should have their e-mail
address to do "off eBay" transactions. It kinda makes your argument moot.
Oh, once I complete an eBay transaction with a customer I continue to do off
eBay transactions with them since I have their e-mail address, provided the
customer wants to do so. I don't spam them and tell them what inventory I
have, unless they specifically request that I do so. They are more than
welcome to e-mail me and ask if I have a particular item. Don't spam.

Rita

Old October 27th 03, 10:47 PM
Richard Ward

Frank Provasek wrote:

snip
If you don't believe some of horrible untrue things that have been publicly
posted to ruin my reputation, just check google. I won't bring them up
again.

I've seen some of them posted in AMOE. I must admit I always felt sorry
for you when they were posted to this group from time to time, although
I think most people simply ignored them, recognizing them for what they
were. I doubt they had any negative effect on your reputation at all.
I still think those posts were slanderous and despicable, but over your
past few months sojourn in this group, it's gotten harder and harder to
feel too much sympathy for you.