Coin Vault Dead

Old May 28th 06, 04:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Coin Vault Dead

Steve Ruud wrote:
David Henrickson, of SilverTowne, believes that the closing down of the
network will have an impact on the coin collecting hobby.

Seeing coins on TV probably helped coin sales for everyone. I was
selling some Peace dollars one time when CV sold some on the show. The
prices I received that week were very good. It could be that someone
saw the show, then got online to see if they could get a better price.
IMO, CV was like indirect advertising.

Anita

Old May 28th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote in message
Article in CW, June 5, 06 is saying that the Coin Vault show is closing
and that the Shop at Home Network shuts down June 22. The company,
Scripps-Howard that purchased Shop at Home 4 yrs ago when it was running
a deficit then, has lost another 84 million since.

SilverTowne which conducted order fulfillment and drop ships from its
headquarters in Indiana, was headquarters for all coin products sold on
Coin Vault.

David Henrickson, of SilverTowne, believes that the closing down of the
network will have an impact on the coin collecting hobby.

What do you all think?

bob

Bring back Buddy Pardue! He wasn't cheap, but he was honest about what
he was selling...

Old May 28th 06, 11:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 27 May 2006 20:35:42 -0700, "
did carve unto the very living rock upon which we now stand:

Steve Ruud wrote:
David Henrickson, of SilverTowne, believes that the closing down of the
network will have an impact on the coin collecting hobby.

Seeing coins on TV probably helped coin sales for everyone. I was
selling some Peace dollars one time when CV sold some on the show. The
prices I received that week were very good. It could be that someone
saw the show, then got online to see if they could get a better price.
IMO, CV was like indirect advertising.

I probably should have paid more attention to CV. Watch the Tues
show, then start a 3 day auction for similar coins. Probably would
have made much more $$ that way.

Dang! There goes that morals & ethics alarm agian!

Steve
Buy the book before the coin
don't forget to *READ* the book after you've bought it!
It doesn't do anything just sitting on the shelf

(remove ATTITUDE to reply via e-mail)

It's more than you think:
http://www.premierpersonalization.com
Old May 28th 06, 03:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Sat, 27 May 2006 23:27:58 GMT, Steve Ruud
is alleged to have written:
On Sat, 27 May 2006 22:27:38 GMT, "Bruce H (BoxTurtle)"
did carve unto the very living rock upon
which we now stand:

On Sat, 27 May 2006 17:41:24 -0400, is alleged to
have written:
Article in CW, June 5, 06 is saying that the Coin Vault show is closing
and that the Shop at Home Network shuts down June 22.

They were doing hundreds of thousands in business a month. That's
gotta have an impact. I think Ebay will get a solid boost. And if I
were a small local coin shop, I'd buy some advertising like "Miss Coin
Vault? We've got better coins at better prices!!!". Some of that money
is still in the marketplace.

When I first read your reply Bruce, I read it as "Miss Coin Vault"
(like "Miss America") and was temporairly thrown for a loop! I
couldn't imagine what a local coin store beauty contest might be like!

I've seen bikinis made of Lincoln cents and Morgan dollars...gotta
find some use for those 1921's!

http://beaded-jewellery.com/bellydancing/bikini.html

Bruce (Hold still, honey, I'm looking for VAMs)
ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.
Old May 28th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Sun, 28 May 2006 02:22:21 GMT, "Wes Chormicle"
is alleged to have written:

My worry is that when these folks go to sell they've going to blame
the dealer for the "robber" prices he's offering.

It happens in our shop at least once a month. "You're a thief! These
uncirculated Silver Eagles are worth at least $35 each! That nice man on TV
said so..."

I've seen it around here as well. It's sad, our local dealer is an
Honest Joe and he takes all kinds of abuse from the folks who paid
CV's prices. I was there when a customer brought in a load of "BU"
morgans expecting hundreds of dollars for them. Dealer pointed to his
case of 2x2's and said "I'm SELLING them for less than that! Want some
more?"

The expression on his face was more suited to Tom & Jerry than a human
being. He blasted out, swearing he was going to report the dealer for
fraud and that he knew there were other shops in the area. I'm told he
came back later that day, having put many miles on his car, to
apologize and accept the offer. Reality is hard on some people,
especially when they've been sold a pleasant fantasy.

Bruce (You dealers will be paying for CV for years to come)