What's in your library?

Old May 22nd 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default What's in your library?

Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1601-1700
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1701-1800
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1801-1900
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1901-2003
Standard Catalogue of German Coins

Latin American tokens
British Tokens and there Values
German Tokens Part I
Medals of the US Mint

Red Book 2004

Crime of 1873
World Dollars Pictorial Guide (Bachtell)
World Dollars Pictorial Guide (Bachtell) 1477-1800
World Dollars Pictorial Guide Addition (Bachtell) 1479-1937

British Museum ocassional papers No 78 (Philip Attwood)

Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol I

Old May 22nd 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Sorry didn't get finished before I accidently sent.

Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1601-1700
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1701-1800
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1801-1900
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1901-2003
Standard Catalogue of German Coins

Latin American tokens
British Tokens and there Values
German Tokens Part I
Medals of the US Mint

Red Book 2004

Crime of 1873
World Dollars Pictorial Guide (Bachtell)
World Dollars Pictorial Guide (Bachtell) 1477-1800
World Dollars Pictorial Guide Addition (Bachtell) 1479-1937

British Museum ocassional papers No 78 (Philip Attwood)

Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol I
Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol II
Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol III
Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol IV
Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol V
Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Vol VI
Ancient Coin Collecting (Sayles) Classical Deception

Roman Coins and their Values (Sears) Vol I
Roman Coins and their Values (Sears) Vol II

Münzen & Papiergeld (Magazine price guide) multiple issues
Money Trend (Austrian publication) multiple issues

Complete guide to Washington Quarters (John Feigenbaum)
Standing Liberty Quarters (Cline)

Eurocoins (Harries)
Euro Münzkatalogue (Schon)

Think that is about it :-)

Old May 22nd 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I forgot one
Instant Expert:: Collecting Lucky Coins, Tokens, and Medals

I forgot it because I just bought it and it hasn't arrived yet.
Sounds like a page turner to me :-)

Dale

Old May 22nd 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

The Red Book, 32nd Edition 1979 by RS Yeoman

Ancient Coin Collecting Vol I by Wayne Sayles
Ancient Coin Collecting Vol I (2nd Edition) by Wayne Sayles
Ancient Coin Collecting Vol II by Wayne Sayles
Ancient Coin Collecting Vol III by Wayne Sayles
Classical Deception by Wayne Sayles

Ancient Greek & Roman Coins by Klawans & Bressett
Greek and Roman Coins, The Mabbott Collection

Coins of Greek Sicily by Kenneth Jenkins
Reading the Past: Greek Inscriptions by B.F. Cook
Greek Coin Types and their Identification by Richard Plant
Ancient Greek Coins by G.K. Jenkins
Portraits of Royal Ladies on Greek Coins by L. Forrer
Greek Coinages of Southern Italy and Sicily by N.K. Rutter
A Book of Greek Coins by Charles Seltman
The Temple Coins of Olympia by Seltman
McClean Collection of Greek Coins Vol I by S.W. Crose
McClean Collection of Greek Coins Vol II by S.W. Crose
McClean Collection of Greek Coins Vol III by S.W. Crose
The Weber Collection I by L. Forrer
The Weber Collection II by L. Forrer
The Weber Collection III by L. Forrer

Roman Coins and Their Values by David R. Sear
Collecting Roman Coins by Kiely & Van Meter
The Coinage of Septimius Severus and his Family of the Mint of Rome by
Philip V. Hill
Rimski Republikanski Novci by Peter Kos & Andrej Semrov
Roman Silver Coins I, Republic - Augustus by Seaby
Roman Silver Coins II, Tiberius - Commodus by Seaby
Roman Silver Coins III, Pertinax - Balbinus and Pupienus by Seaby
Roman Silver Coins IV, Gordian III - Postumus by Seaby
Roman Coins in Britain by P.J. Casey

Slovenia: Coinage and History by Andrej Semrov
Studia Numismatica Labacensia by Alexandro Jelocnik Oblata
Leksikon Anticne Numizmatike by Peter Kos
Arheoloski Pregled 1986 Archaeologia Iugoslavica
Arheoloski Pregled 1988 Archaeologia Iugoslavica

Monumental Coins by Marvin Tameanko
Coins and Their Cities; Architecture on the Ancient Coins of Greece,
Rome, and Palestine by Price & Trell
Guide to Biblical Coins by David Hendin

How to Make Money in Coins Right Now by Scott A. Travers (hahahahaa)

(not including my primary sources, ancient history books, art
references and dozens of catalogs, including three of Greek coin
auctions from Glendening & Co. Ltd. of London, 1955 & 1958, bought from
Mark Greene - nice!)

I'd like to have Vagi. And more shelf space. ;-)

~Anka

Old May 22nd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Well That is a very impressive library
Grrrrrr I want to come over, stickly physical I assure you :-)

Forrer Well he has a 8 volume set about medalists that I greatly desire.
but it cost about $500. Don't desire 1916 US coins or a 09-s vdb but those
books....
yes I want.

Old May 22nd 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:
Well That is a very impressive library
Grrrrrr I want to come over, stickly physical I assure you :-)

Forrer Well he has a 8 volume set about medalists that I greatly desire.
but it cost about $500. Don't desire 1916 US coins or a 09-s vdb but those
books....
yes I want.

Dale

Both the Weber and McClean volumes were purchased from a retiring
coworker who was getting rid of his ancients books (trying to focus his
interest on tokens). I'm still awed by the quality of the photographs
in some of these older books. Wow!

~Anka

Old May 22nd 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dale Hallmark wrote:
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1601-1700
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1701-1800
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1801-1900
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1901-2003
Standard Catalogue of German Coins

How much does the last book add over the first four? I know it would be
easier to switch books less when working with German coins, but does it
have coins that aren't in the World Coin books?

Thanks,
B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978
Old May 22nd 06, 11:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money Volume II & III
Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money Volume I Specialized
Issues
World War II Remembered "history in your hands a numismatic study"
by C.Frederick Schwan & Joseph E.Boling
Duggleby - English Paper Money by Vincent Duggleby
Die Banknoten Des Deutschen Reiches AB1871 to Present by Holger
Rosenburg (German Banknotes)
British Armed Forces Special Vouchers by T.F.A. van Elmpt
Cedulas Do Brazil 1833 a 1997 by C.Amato,I.Neves,J.Schutz (Paper Money
of Brazil)
Paper Money of Serbia & Yugoslavia by Zeljko Stojanovic
Phila India Paper Money Catalogue
Complete Catalogue of Paper Money of Russia,USSR,CIS Countries
Standard Catalog of World Coins 32nd ed 1901-2006
Standard Catalog of World Coins 1801 -1900
Standard Catalog of World Coins 1701 - 1800
Standard Catalog of World Coins 1601 - 1700
World Notgeld 1914 - 1947 by Courtney L.Coffing
Catalogue of Bulgarian Banknotes by Bulgarian National Bank.
Jetons,Medalets and Tokens British Isles circa 1558 to 1830 Vol III
by Michael Mitchiner.
Unofficial Farthings 1820-1870 by R.C.Bell
English Silver Coinage Since 1649 - Present by P.Alan Rayner.
The Short Cross Coinage 1180-1247 Henry II to Henry III
The Voided Long Cross Coinage 1247-1279 Henry III to Edward I By Christopher
R Wren
Alaska's Coinage Through The Years By M.M.Gould,
K.Bressett,Kaye & Nancy Dethridge
Monnaies Francaises 1789-1989 By Victor Gadoury
German Tokens Part I By Jerry F.Schimmel
A Photographic Grading Guide for US Coins (Photograde) By
James F.Ruddy
Official A.N.A Grading Standards for US Coins
A Guide Book of United States Coins (Red Book) by
R.S.Yeoman
British Silver Coins Since 1816 By Peter J Davies
Complete Encyclopaedia of US & Colonial Coins By
Walter Breen
Standard Catalog of Stocks & Bonds by R.Stahlberg with C.R.Bruce II
Latin American Tokens 2nd Edition by Russell Ralau
Medals of British India (with Rarity and Valuations) Vol 1 Commemorative and
Historical Medals from 1750 to 1947 by Robert P.Puddester
Paper Currency of the Anglo-Boer War 1899 - 1902 by John Ineson
Communion Tokens of the World 1st Printing 1999 by Lester M.Burzinski
The Bronze Coinage of Great Britain by Michael J.Freeman
Collectors Military Money British Military Authority and British Armed
Forces by R.J.Marles 1st Ed (Rotograhic Publications)
Collectors Coins Great Britain 2006 (1797 to 2004)
33nd Ed (Rotograhic Publications)
Collectors Coins George III (Great Britain) by
R.J.Marles 1st Ed (Rotograhic Publications)
British Coins Market Values 2006 (Pub by IPC Media)
The Medals and Medallions of the British Empire Exhibition (Wembley) 1924-25
by Trevor I. Harris
Les Billets emis par la Banque Centrale d Argentine 1935-2001 by Serge
Donelli
Little Gems - A collection and history of Enamelled Coins and Tokens
1800-1920's by I W Chick
Standard Catalogue of English & UK Coins 1066 to Date by coincraft
Prisoner of War and Concentration Camp Money of the 20th Century 2nd Ed by
Lance K Campbell
Mississippi Obsolete Notes & Scrip by Guy Kraus
The Coinage of Medieval Austria 1156 - 1521 by Alfred Szego
Tavern Checks from Liverpool and Vicinity by N.B. Tod
Bank of Communications (Chinese Banknotes) by John E . Sandrock
World Replacement Note Country List by Larry Parker
Modern World Paper Money Signatures Vol I Africa by Larry Parker
Das Bremer Notgeld KKK - Verlag by Kai Lindman
Catalogo De Billetes - Republica De Colombia Banco De La Republica 1923 -
2002 by Bernardo Gozalez White
Medallic Illustrations of the History of Great Britain & Ireland Vol I & Vol
II - Reprint by Spink & Son 1978
The Comprehensive U.S. Silver Dollar Encyclopaedia by John W. Highfill
Chits, Chiselers and Funny Money by M.G.Pfefferkorn & J.F. Schimmel 1st ed
1977
Katalog by Gerhard Schon
Philippine Paper Money by Neil Shafer
Welsh Industrial Tokens & Medals - Published by National Museum of Wales
Encyclopedia & Catalogue of Egyptian Money (banknotes) by Magday Hanafy &
Ali Mehilba
El Papel Moneda Dominicano 1782 - 1912 by Miguel Estrella & Isaac Rudman
A Pictorial Catalogue of Papal Medals 1472-1942 (as struck by The Mint of
Rome)
Medieval Coins in the Christian J.Thomsen Collection By Kristian Erslev
Collectors Coins Ireland 997AD to 2003 (21st Ed 2004) by R.J Marles
Catalogo de Monedas del Uruguay 1831-2002 by Marcos Silvera Antunez
Banknote Year Book 4th Ed Published by Token Publishing Ltd
National Bank Notes from Bowling Green, KY by J.Fred Maples
World Polymer Banknotes: A Standard Reference 1st Ed 2005/6
A Guide Book of Morgan Silver Dollars (The Official Red Book) by Q.David
Bowers
La Moneda Circulante En El Territorio Argentino 1765 - 2005 by Hector Carlos
Janson
Acquisitions of Medals (1983-1987) British Museum No 78 by Philip Attwood
Welsh Tokens of the 17th Century - Published by National Museum of Wales
Papal Coins ( A complete Catalogue of the Coins of the Popes from the Middle
Ages to the Present ) by Allen G. Berman
Standard Catalogue of Hard Times Tokens 1832 - 1844 by Russell Rulau
Counterfeit Currency of the Confederate States of America by George
B.Tremmel
Confederate States Paper Money (10th Ed) by Arlie R.Slabaugh
The Coins and Banknotes of Palestine Under the British Mandate 1927-1947 by
Howard M.Berlin
Merchant and Privately Countermarked Coins (of the World) by Gregory G.Brunk
Irish Banknotes (Irish Paper Money 1783-2001 by Martan Mac Devitt
A Catalogue of Medals by John Pinches (A Catalogue of Works Struck by the
Company from 1840 - 1969 by John Harvey Pinches Pub by Heraldry Today
Gum Guide 2 (Tradecards non sporting) By Paul hart
Seventeenth Century Tokens Of The British Isles (2004 ed) by Michael
Dickinson
Catalogo de Billetes Argentinos 1897 - 2003 by Juan Carlos Lauenzano
Amonedacion de la Republica Argentina 1881 - 2004 by Hector Carlos Janson
The MoneyBucks Handbook: For Minting Errors & Die Varieties by Ray Balsbaugh
2nd Edition
Coins of the Sikhs
Standard Catalogue of Iranian Banknotes 2005 by F.N.Farahbakhsh
Standard Catalogue of the coins of Scotland, Ireland, Channel Islands & Isle
of Man by R Lobel (CoinCraft)
British Copper Tokens 1811 - 1820 by Paul & Bente Withers (ISBN 0951667157)
The Standard Handbook of $1 Web-Fed Test Notes 1988A,1993,1995 by B.Kvederas
Jr & B. Kvederas Sr.
Bulgarian Coin Catalog 1881-1998 by Bulphila GmbH (ISBN 954-9013278)
Catalogue of Crystal Palace Medals & Tokens 1851-1936 by Leslie Lewis Allen
School Attendance Medals of England,Scotland and Wales by Cedric Dry
The Coinage of Ethipia,Eritrea and Italian Somalia by Dennis Gill
Copper Coins of India Parts I and II by W.H. Valentine
US Military Tokens and Chits Used in Japan by John K. Kallman

plus about another 2000 Auction catogues & magazines & books
but the above are the ones most used

yours

--
Michael @ www.worldwidecoins.co.uk
mirror site www.numismatic.biz

Old May 22nd 06, 12:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

What? Not a single book on French jetons to be seen?

Get serious about collecting and get with the programme Michael! ;-)

Seriously though, that IS an impressive library of numismatics.

Ian

Old May 22nd 06, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"B.J. Herbison" wrote in message
. ..
Dale Hallmark wrote:
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1601-1700
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1701-1800
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1801-1900
Standard Catalogue of World Coins 1901-2003
Standard Catalogue of German Coins

How much does the last book add over the first four? I know it would be
easier to switch books less when working with German coins, but does it
have coins that aren't in the World Coin books?

Thanks,
B.J.
--
B.J. Herbison / / http://www.herbison.com/herbison/bj.html
The Next Asylum / 203 Long Hill Road / Bolton, MA 01740-1421 / +1 978
634-1061

I have never had much call to compare them so I don't know. For German
coins, I use the SCOWC almost exclusively
or one of the Bachtell books. The Standard Catalogue of German Coins
Catalogue was a Christmas gift one year
and to tell the truth don't think I have used it over a couple times.

Dale