FA: Bust Half Dime and Seated Dime on eBay

Old May 8th 06, 03:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FA: Bust Half Dime and Seated Dime on eBay

These are both raw coins in AU condition. The half dime has some light
rim bruises on the obverse but is a beautiful coin.

1829 Bust Half Dime
1873 Arrows Seated Dime

Check them out at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrfthompsQQhtZ-1

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to bid.

Randy

Old May 8th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 8 May 2006 07:48:37 -0700, "Randy Thompson"
wrote:

These are both raw coins in AU condition. The half dime has some light
rim bruises on the obverse but is a beautiful coin.

1829 Bust Half Dime
1873 Arrows Seated Dime

Check them out at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrfthompsQQhtZ-1

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to bid.

Randy

Hey Randy, that is one AWESOME coin!!

Would you be able to ship it to Switzerland? ("Global Priority Mail"
is about $6, that would be fine.) If so, I'll be bidding under the
eBay name of "coinsareforever".

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old May 8th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Mon, 08 May 2006 18:11:06 +0200, Bob Hairgrove
wrote:

Hey Randy, that is one AWESOME coin!!

Uh .. actually, BOTH are awesome! (I was looking at the seated dime
.... haven't caught the "half dime bug" yet ... but I might!)

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old May 8th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Bust Half Dime and Seated Dime on eBay

"Randy Thompson" wrote in message
ups.com...
These are both raw coins in AU condition. The half dime has some light
rim bruises on the obverse but is a beautiful coin.

1829 Bust Half Dime
1873 Arrows Seated Dime

Check them out at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrfthompsQQhtZ-1

Thanks for looking, and don't forget to bid.

Randy

Whoa, for a second there I thought I saw a CC under the wreath on that dime.
Nice looking coins, Randy!

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 8th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Bob, I have had one RCC'er ask if I would ship across the pond before
and I agreed to for him if he would hold my hand through the process.
I don't want the agrevation of doing it for the general public but I
will make the occasional acception. I don't think I have blocked
non-US bidders, but if I have I can add you to the allowed bidder list
(or something like that). I'm not sure how insurance is handled with
Global Priority mail and I may have to charge you a bit extra for
shipping, but I don't pad my shipping. Let me know if you have any
problems bidding.

And, thanks for the comments.

Old May 8th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I really like the look of the half dime. I'm more in to the seated
liberty half dimes, but I buy the occasional Capped Bust. I got into
collecting the half dimes more because they are an obsolete
denomination and they tend to be cheaper than their bigger siblings.
Also, I'm near-sighted so I have good close-up vision and can actually
see them. Of course at age 45 I'm not sure how long that will last.

Old May 8th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

If you win it I will scratch CC on there for you if you like. Of
course that's only after your payment clears. No returns on special
orders like that though.

Old May 14th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Less than 24 hours to go on these and the second high bidder just got
NARU'd. I guess I deserve to get punished for having him as a bidder.
The bidding on the half dime was high enough that I lost some watchers
and I probably had several people pass it by. Will they be back or
will I just end up loosing money on this one?

Ok, throw some pitty bids my way.

Ends tomorrow night.

Old May 14th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 13 May 2006 19:06:09 -0700, "Randy Thompson"
wrote:

Less than 24 hours to go on these and the second high bidder just got
NARU'd. I guess I deserve to get punished for having him as a bidder.
The bidding on the half dime was high enough that I lost some watchers
and I probably had several people pass it by. Will they be back or
will I just end up loosing money on this one?

Ok, throw some pitty bids my way.

OK ... I did!

I'm very surprised about Frank getting NARU'ed, though ... wonder
what's up?

--
Bob Hairgrove

Old May 15th 06, 12:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 14 May 2006 11:03:49 -0700, Randy Thompson wrote:

Frank started a post on the CU boards explaining what's going on. It
seems eBay is pulling another stunt like they did with Legend and
asking for personal banking information over the phone. This is
exactly the type of thing they warn you not to fall for. Then when you
do the smart thing and don't supply it without some sort of official
confirmation they NARU you. Well, that's a summary of what I read from
Legend and Frank. I'm not sure what to believe or what eBay is trying
to pull.

Funny. It seems that Frank attracts trouble & trolls. I wonder why
that is.

That is, if you're talking about the same Frank I think you're talking
about.