Bush signs dollar coin bill

Old December 23rd 05, 03:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Bush signs dollar coin bill

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10578448/

Old December 23rd 05, 05:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

stonej wrote:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10578448/

This is just another in the long line of mistakes he has made.

JAM
Old December 23rd 05, 06:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.life.sucks

Is it a coin or a bill?

Old December 23rd 05, 07:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Sally O'Malley wrote:
Is it a coin or a bill?

"I'm just a bill...."
"I'm just a coin...."

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
___________________________________________ | | | | | | _______________
Old December 23rd 05, 09:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

stonej wrote:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10578448/

There's something refreshing about this article -- honesty. Right off,
it's not kidding around about helping the dollar coin to circulate. It
goes straight to the real motive: "a big money maker for the
government".

Sigh.

--Dave
Old December 23rd 05, 01:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:17:30 -0700, Dave Allured wrote:

stonej wrote:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10578448/

There's something refreshing about this article -- honesty. Right off,
it's not kidding around about helping the dollar coin to circulate. It
goes straight to the real motive: "a big money maker for the
government".

Sigh.

--Dave

Yea, it is nice to see the truth of the matter come out. :-)
I'm sure that they will make a nice chunk of change, too. Many of us
collectors will "have to have one", any of us that are store owners will
have to have some to stock, TV HSN stuff will have to have 1000 every show
they run, at MS 69, which probably means they will have to buy 4000 to get
it. The list goes on of course.
-- dw

Old December 23rd 05, 01:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I will probably just collect them out of circulation (if I can find
them). The US mint
has come out with so many coins over the years in various proof and unc
packaging that I have given up trying to collect them that way. The
last commemorative I bought from the mint was Mt. Rushmore. I like
older coins.

Old December 23rd 05, 01:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"stonej" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10578448/

He can write? When did he learn to do that? Did he use a crayon? Billy

Old December 23rd 05, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"stonej" wrote in message
ups.com...
I will probably just collect them out of circulation (if I can find
them). The US mint
has come out with so many coins over the years in various proof and unc
packaging that I have given up trying to collect them that way. The
last commemorative I bought from the mint was Mt. Rushmore. I like
older coins.

I love the 1991 Mount Rushmore Commemoratives. You can't go wrong with a
classic, instantly recognizable effigy like the giant sculpture, the
lifetime work of one man and his son(s) and a whole lot of TNT. It
reproduces well on almost anything. Got the halves, the dollars, in both
Unc. and Proofs, and one of the $5.00 Golds. A couple of Mount Rushmore
paperweights a friend bought me at their gift shop (Rusmoregifts.com).. I'm
kicking myself for not buying an enormous Mount Rushmore puzzle i saw at
Toys'R'Them some years ago - it wasn't a jigsaw puzzle but rather thin
slices of wood that you stacked up in the right order to form a reproduction
of the sculpture about a foot high, but it was $25.00. This one:
http://tinyurl.com/c6trj . Crap, missed it. Went for 1/10th of its original
price, and no, the shipping price he charged is not excessive, the thing
weighs many pounds and comes in a huuuuuuuuge box. "North By Northwest" is
one of my favorite movies too. Funny thing is, i've never seen the monument
in person.

Oh well, it's on my "When I Win The Lottery or find a roll of bright red
1914-D cents" to-do list. I'll rent a luxury motor home, hire a driver, and
spend a couple years touring the country, including all the national parks,
then buy my yacht, hire an all-girl crew, and sail off to Tahiti to lay in a
hammock outside my little grass luxury shack with a satellite-linked laptop
on my stomach, sipping pina coladas. Me, not the laptop.

Harv

Old December 23rd 05, 04:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:25:43 -0800, stonej wrote:

I will probably just collect them out of circulation (if I can find
them). The US mint
has come out with so many coins over the years in various proof and unc
packaging that I have given up trying to collect them that way. The
last commemorative I bought from the mint was Mt. Rushmore. I like
older coins.

Yea, I like older coins as well, but I admit I'll probably end up
getting some at some point. My only modern commem is a West Point PR in my
type set.
--
dw