Cold Comfort Farm

Old June 8th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Cold Comfort Farm

"Pangarune Corner" wrote in message

I saw something nasty in the woodshed...

... but it was only Fundoc.

There's an old Canadian poofter lying, dying,
and he gets himself up on one elbow,
and he turns to his mates,
who are gathered round him and he says:

Tie me pangarune down sport,
tie me pangarune down.
Tie me pangarune down sport,
tie me pangarune down.

Bury me in a dress, Bess.
Bury me in a dress.
Make me seem statuesque, Bess
Bury me in a dress.
Altogether now!

Keep me cock in the fridge, Midge
keep me cock in the fridge
Mind I dont hemmorhage, Midge
keep me cock in the fridge.
Altogether now!

Tan me sac when I'm thru, Lou,
tan me sac when I'm thru.
So we tanned his sac when he died Mac,
And that's it hanging in the igloo.
Altogether now!

Tie me pangarune down sport,
tie me pangarune down.
Tie me pangarune down sport,
tie me pangarune down.

PS Don't feed the trolls.

Willow

Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
My girlfriend just phoned and found reprints at Costco [...]
Has Stella Gibbons been resurrected?
does anyone know why Stella has a new literary life?

There was a Penguin reprint in the last couple of years. But why
that was done I don't know.

It's a good book. Was there a contemporaneous American novel that
took the **** out of bible-bashers in the boonies so effectively?

============== j-c ====== @ ====== purr . demon . co . uk
==============
Jack Campin: 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland | tel 0131 660
4760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/ for CD-ROMs and free | fax 0870
0554 975
stuff: Scottish music, food intolerance, & Mac logic fonts | mob 07800
739 557

Old June 8th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 01:26:15 +0100, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

It's a good book. Was there a contemporaneous American novel that
took the **** out of bible-bashers in the boonies so effectively?

"Elmer Gantry" comes close.

Old June 8th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

on Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:57:26 GMT, Pangarune Corner stated:

I had thought you were a tad better than that...

Ah well, another name for the killfile.

I don't think whatever that was was written by our
friend in Japan. At any rate, my killfile killed it,
and I don't have him killfiled.

What's Cold Comfort Farm? (Am I completely culturally
clueless?) Anyway, one never knows what will all of
a sudden become popular, or what some publishers will
suddenly decide needs resurrection.

-Allison

--
..
Old June 8th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

If you check his profile, he also is posting as......fvndoc. Aren't
you shocked?

And he also shows up as Jack Dangers who started a thread in
alt.sex.passwords:

REQ: ProAdult Quantum Pass Please

Maybe if he gets the password he'll leave this site, but I doubt it.

Old June 8th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Why don't you just kill yourself instead, you ****ing degenerate?

Old June 8th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Sam wrote:
If you check his profile, he also is posting as......fvndoc. Aren't
you shocked?

Oh look, widdle Sammie learned how to check a profile.
Aren't we all proud of the little pimple now!
I'll bet the entire group was shocked to learn fundoc used an alias!
PS
Shut the **** up, you little bag of ****.

Old June 8th 06, 05:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Sam" wrote in message
oups.com...

If you check his profile, he also is posting as......fvndoc. Aren't
you shocked?

And he also shows up as Jack Dangers who started a thread in
alt.sex.passwords:

REQ: ProAdult Quantum Pass Please

Maybe if he gets the password he'll leave this site, but I doubt it.

Um, no he doesn't mullethead. The munge shows up as Jack
Dangers, Willie Hank, and others. Please to be learning how to read headers
before you go casting aspersions. Not that I have any problem with pr0n
obviously, but I've been being a little more careful since the great
dehyration scare of 2001. Now **** off lest I'm forced to break my foot off
in your ass.

Old June 8th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Was it your cock, you sick ****?

Old June 9th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Shelf Space wrote:
Ted Jones wrote:

My girlfriend just phoned and found reprints at Costco (For those who
have not enjoyed the experience, it is a North American store that
offers deep discounts on the toys and gustatory delights of affluent
Americans.) Usually it's book selection is reserved for Bestsellers.
Has Stella Gibbons been resurrected? Why else would a mass marketer qua
mass marketer, be hawking her books. The motion picture has already been
done. It starred a pre-inflated Kate Bekinsale and Rufus Sewell.
Excellent film.

Any idea what's up?

n.b. Fundoc

I am a cad, a bounder and harbor impure thoughts, but she will not make
an honest man of me.

The writer I publish (Reggie Oliver) is the nephew of the late Stella
Gibbons and the author of OUT OF THE WOODSHED, the acclaimed biography
on Miss Gibbons. He also gives talks to academic institutions on both
the novel and the life of his aunt. His father also edited and
turned-around the fortunes of TATLER magazine, so there is a notable
literary pedigree in the family.

http://hauntedriver.co.uk/page13.html

http://hitler-symphonies.co.uk/

In the UK, COLD COMFORT FARM has recently been added to the list of
approved texts for teaching English Literature. This has led to a
resurgence in the book's popularity.

TTFN,

Shelf Space

Thank you,

I have just ordered the referenced book.
I also ordered D.L. Sayers' translation of the Divina.