Gold Skyrocketing

Old May 6th 10, 10:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_9_]

Default Gold Skyrocketing

? "Jason Burke" ?????? ??? ??????
Jud wrote:
On May 3, 3:29 pm, "Scurvy Dog"
wrote:

I didn't realize I had a bubble to bust.
Or are you generally just a condescending jerk to everyone?

Bubble busted Mr Hardy-Swift! Gold down $10 and silver down $1

Jud -laughing last, and best-

What I don't understand is why Mr. Dog hasn't tried again to kill himself.

What I don't understand is why don't you killfile him!
Problem solved!

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Last attempt resulted in a vegetable that we're ALL paying for. Next try
should do the trick!

Old May 9th 10, 03:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On May 4, 3:54*am, "Bob-tx" wrote:
"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

... Gold hits 6 month high, closing in on $1200/oz
Silver closing in on $19/oz.
Time to sell?

Industries that use gold in manufacturing (not jewelry) are selling
off their gold stock, since it is little used anymore. *Gold is a
commodity like corn, beans, or cattle, (ask Hillary about cattle
commodities). *The main thing keeping prices at a high level at this
time is people speculating in gold, thinking it won't go anyplace
but up.

It is sort of like *buy a big bag of potato chips for $1.00, and
tell others that it
is a great investment, so the word spreads and soon potato chips are
selling for
$10 a bag, but no one eats them - they are an investment. *Finally
someone opens
a bag and finds out they are nothing special, and spreads the word,
and the price
quickly drops back *to $1 a bag.

Another example is like the guy who went into the jungle and told
the natives that
he would buy monkeys at $10 each. *The natives caught hundreds of
monkeys and sold them. *The money population was lowered and they
were harder to catch, so
the man offered $20 per monkey. *Again, he bought huge numbers of
monkeys.
When the monkeys got really hard to find and catch, the man said, I
need to go
to the city to get more money, but when I return, I will pay $50 per
monkey. *Meantime, I am leaving my assistant in charge to feed all
the monkeys in the pen.

When the man was gone, the assistant told the people they could get
$50 a monkey, so I will sell you monkeys at $35 each, and when the
man comes back, you can sell them for $50. *The natives bought all
the monkeys, and the assistant left, and neither he nor the monkey
buyer were ever seen again.

Buy your gold, but don't come crying when the price falls.

Sorry to bust your bubble, but that's the way it is.

Bob-tx

Good story.
Gold and silver is an insurance. Not an investment.
Old May 24th 10, 09:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On May 9, 10:11*am, " wrote:
On May 4, 3:54*am, "Bob-tx" wrote:

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

[...]

I can't feed my family with it, so its not that great, try taking your
gold in a grocery store and paying the bill with it. You will probably
laugh out of the place, the cashier or manager will not know the
worth. Take it too a pawn shop he will only give you a fractions of
the worth. Yes I know you will say take it too a coin dealer, but not
everyone has that option or access to the internet for eBay. I'm
trying too figure out how gold has ties too the dollars. My dollar
doesn't buy hundred times less than it would 30 or 40 years ago, but
gold has gone up over 100 times what it was 35 years ago.
Old May 24th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On May 24, 4:59*am, sgt23 wrote:
On May 9, 10:11*am, " wrote:

On May 4, 3:54*am, "Bob-tx" wrote:

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

[...]

gold has gone up over 100 times what it was 35 years ago.- Hide quoted text -

When was gold $12 per ounce?

Old May 26th 10, 04:49 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On May 24, 6:44*pm, Peter wrote:
On May 24, 4:59*am, sgt23 wrote:

On May 9, 10:11*am, " wrote:

On May 4, 3:54*am, "Bob-tx" wrote:

"Scurvy Dog" wrote in message

[...]

Ok maybe I over quoted that number a bit, but at least 50 times. Still
the point is gold and the dollar movements have never been all that
parallel, I would say silver and our dollar have been closer since
1933. JMHO, but as you know opinions are like assholes.