Some neat books this weekend

Old February 26th 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Pogonip[_2_]

Default Some neat books this weekend

Willow wrote:
"The Religion" was to be the first of a trilogy but my sense is that
it did not do well enough to merit further development. Speaking of
which, has the Dan Brown book on the Knights Templar gone the way of
the wild goose (and anyone old enough to remember that as a song gets
ten points! Naming tghe singer gets you ten more).

Willow

That would be Frankie Laine, of course.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old February 26th 09, 06:25 AM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Stanley Moore

"Willow" wrote in message
Yes, "The Religion" is indeed rather bloody. Willocks is a
psychiatrist who once dated Madonna, we are told. A good read but I
do have to wonder about the movie- like addition of the young boy.
Rather like the addition of children to each of Michael Crichton's
"Jurrasic Park" movies. It seemed like the young lad was added to
make the book appeal to a larger demographic, not to enhance the
story. The blood and gore go with that type of appeal.

"The Religion" was to be the first of a trilogy but my sense is that
it did not do well enough to merit further development. Speaking of
which, has the Dan Brown book on the Knights Templar gone the way of
the wild goose (and anyone old enough to remember that as a song gets
ten points! Naming tghe singer gets you ten more).

Willow

Probably the influence of Spielberg. In almost every movie of his he has
children as important main or subsidiary characters. Almost every film has
some kid in danger. It is almost a trademark of his. Take care
--
Stanley L. Moore
"The belief in a supernatural

Old February 26th 09, 07:56 AM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Eden Rabatsch

"Joan in GB-W" wrote in message

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message
Joan in GB-W wrote:

"Eden Rabatsch" wrote in message

Hi Francis,

Longtime lurker. I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to read a
post about buying, collecting, the love of book no matter really what
the actual books are now that this newsgroup is so dead.

Thanks for all the posts

Eden
Sydney, Australia

This newsgroup is dead! Wow, I didn't know that.

Eden is talking about rec.collecting.books, to which I cross-posted it.
Sorry.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Then I apologize to Eden for my quick reply.

Joan

Hey apology accepted.

The lesson might be to subscribe to rec.arts.mystery

Cheers
Eden

Old February 26th 09, 01:16 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Mr. E

"Willow" wrote in message
I envy you.

Penis envy perhaps?
Go lament about the penis you had cut off, you sick, perverted sexual
degenerate!
Sick ****s like you belong in prison.

Old February 26th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Joan in GB-W

Joan in GB-W wrote:

"Eden Rabatsch" wrote in message

Hi Francis,

Longtime lurker. I just wanted to say how refreshing it is to read a
post about buying, collecting, the love of book no matter really what
the actual books are now that this newsgroup is so dead.

Thanks for all the posts

Eden
Sydney, Australia

This newsgroup is dead! Wow, I didn't know that.

Eden is talking about rec.collecting.books, to which I cross-posted it.
Sorry.

--
Francis A. Miniter

Then I apologize to Eden for my quick reply.

Joan

Hey apology accepted.

The lesson might be to subscribe to rec.arts.mystery

Cheers
Eden

Please do. This is a friendly group . . . most of the time. And we do
discuss books . . . some of the time.

Joan

Old February 26th 09, 04:45 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Joan in GB-W wrote:

[...]

Motion seconded. Hi, Eden, We also have some of your
compatriots in the group, Mique Burke, for instance. And
some Kiwis, Fran Read, for instance. And the group is
definitely not dead! Why wee just had a fine discussion of
how to serve red wine - including Australian reds.

--
Francis A. Miniter

ως ουκ αν αιων' εκμαθοις βροτων, πριν αν
θανη τις, ουτε ει χρηστος ουτ’ ει τω κακος.
Old February 26th 09, 08:23 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Pogonip[_2_]

Mr. E wrote:

"Willow" wrote in message
I envy you.

Penis envy perhaps?
Go lament about the penis you had cut off, you sick, perverted sexual
degenerate!
Sick ****s like you belong in prison.

Fell off the wagon again, Mr. E?
Old February 26th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Larisa

On Feb 26, 11:45*am, "Francis A. Miniter"
wrote:
Joan in GB-W wrote:

"Eden Rabatsch" wrote in message
u...

Joan in GB-W wrote:

"Eden Rabatsch" wrote in message
om.au...

[...]

Motion thirded, and welcome to the group.

LM (hope you like Peeps...)
Old February 26th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Fran Read

Francis wrote:
Motion seconded. Hi, Eden, We also have some of your compatriots in the
group, Mique Burke, for instance. And some Kiwis, Fran Read, for
instance. And the group is definitely not dead! Why wee just had a fine
discussion of how to serve red wine - including Australian reds.

Me? Moi?? A New Zealander??????? Hey!!!! And here I am sitting at the
keyboard eating toast and vegemite.
Fran - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!!!!!!

Old February 26th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.arts.mystery,rec.collecting.books
Fran Read

"Mr. E" whoever you are - please go away. You're not the real Mr E.