flat signed

Old February 8th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_5_]

Default flat signed

"Bill" wrote in message

What do YOU think,readers?

You don't have any readers numbskull.

Old February 9th 08, 05:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Feb 8, 3:28*pm, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

On the contrary, I am totally serious, Fundoc.
I do have to marvel at the way you could prove
stupid enough to convince yourself that -- after
all the painful spankings you have received in
the past -- merely adapting another phony
name and attacking me anew would produce
anything other than the same result. Once
a spankard always a spankard, Fundoc. No,
I did not know who I was addressing in those
earlier posts on this thread, but I sure knew
WHAT I was addressing, didn't I?

Anyway, I stand by the offer of the carton of
rare books. You obviously have not had much
in life, Fundoc. Actually having in your possession
some beautiful old volumes might bring about the
changes in character and personality that you
need so badly. The sad thing about you, Fundoc,
is that you have not changed a bit in all these
years. When you first pestered me for
attention years ago, you were the same
shabby attention-starved misfit you are today.
You remain a flat character, like Shakespeare's
fool in Twelth Night.

On the other hand, my years of experience on
the net has helped me grow and develop.
I am not the same person I was (the
little retarded kid down the block, as some
saw me) when I fell into the net years ago.
As a result, I am determined to try and take
the high road with you, to inspire you with
wonderful books, rather than merely
toasting your toes painfully with flames over
and over as I have done so many times in
the past.

The high road has taken me to the tower room
where I am no putting together a carton of superb
volumes for you, Fundoc. I am going to try my
best to take you from being that tattered scarecrow
of snatched-from-the-worst-of-tv feeble sparks
of half-thought, a net character who is flatter
than the proverbial pancake -- and, from that
meager beginning make a fully-rounded human
being of you by inspiring you with books far
better both in content and manufacture than
any you have ever been able to possess...

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

Old February 9th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_5_]

"Bill" wrote in message
On Feb 8, 3:28 pm, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

On the contrary, I am totally serious, Fundoc.

Yes bLip, that's the sad part. You are totally serious.

hose

Anyway, I stand by the offer of the carton of
rare books.

For the nth time numbskull, your collection of Richie Rich comics do not
comprise "rare books."

You obviously have not had much
in life, Fundoc. Actually having in your possession
some beautiful old volumes might bring about the
changes in character and personality that you
need so badly. The sad thing about you, Fundoc,
is that you have not changed a bit in all these
years. When you first pestered me for
attention years ago, you were the same
shabby attention-starved misfit you are today.
You remain a flat character, like Shakespeare's
fool in Twelth Night.

Has anyone ever told you you suck at writing? What's that? Everyone tells
you that nearly every day and in fact there are entire usenet groups
dedicated to the canonization of your ineptitude? Oh. Nevermind then.

I am not the same person I was (the
little retarded kid down the block, as some
saw me) when I fell into the net years ago.

No, now you're a retarded old man.

hose

Old February 9th 08, 05:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Willow Arune[_2_]

Off topic but close by...

Assuming a new bookstore started up called "Warmly Inscribed" in competition
with "Flatsigned".

Which one would you seek out for purchases?

I know that I would head to Warmly Inscribed - the small notes add character
to an otherwise bald signature. I love the inscriptions that have been
added to my books by various writers. It makes them "real". A small
glimpse into the world of the writer.

Willow

Old February 9th 08, 06:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Feb 9, 5:06*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

On Feb 8, 3:28 pm, "foad" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
On the contrary, I am totally serious, Fundoc.

Yes bLip, that's the sad part. You are totally serious.

You are a tought nut to crack, Fundoc, but
I intend to keep working on you, trying to
kindle that small spark of intelligent humanity
you sometimes manifest. By the way, even
your flaming "talents" would seem to have run far
downhill. For instance, hose as an attempt
to rebut the things I pointed out about you,
THAT'S really an original flame tactic, isn't it?

By the way, regarding your potshot about my
writing: Most of those putdown attempts you
refer to were written by the same dozen or so
spankards, who at various times flooded the
groups with thousands of "lames" under a
wide variety of phony names. Subtract those,
and you find thousands of other posters who
have posted appreciative comments about my
writing.

[

hose

Old February 9th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_5_]

"Bill" wrote in message

You are a tought nut to crack, Fundoc, but
I intend to keep working on you, trying to
kindle that small spark of intelligent humanity
you sometimes manifest.

I don't doubt that'd you'd like nothing more than to kindle a spark by
working on my nuts.

By the way, even
your flaming "talents" would seem to have run far
downhill.

And yours have improved. But then they'd have had to, short of a cerebral
accident.

For instance, hose as an attempt
to rebut the things I pointed out about you,
THAT'S really an original flame tactic, isn't it?

I'm not flaming you dimwit. Flaming is so last century. I'm just calling you
names.

By the way, regarding your potshot about my
writing: Most of those putdown attempts you
refer to were written by the same dozen or so
spankards, who at various times flooded the
groups with thousands of "lames" under a
wide variety of phony names. Subtract those,
and you find thousands of other posters who
have posted appreciative comments about my
writing.

I don't doubt some people appreciate your writing liPb, such as it is. Some
people enjoys Big Macs. Others can only become sexually aroused in the
presence of a corpse. De gustibus non est disputandum. That doesn't mean
you don't suck, it just means that some people have appalling taste.

Old February 14th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Dave

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 11:48:42 -0800 (PST), Bill
wrote:

On Feb 8, 6:38*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

I was right! * Thanks for proving it, Fundoc.

The fruit that fell from the tree in January strikes palmbot's head in
February. By March he has gleaned that it was an apple and possibly red or
green. Thus was he right all along, exclamation point!

Now it is a matter of record.

Yes biLp, it is now a matter record. Which would be a critical point, if
anyone other than complete and utter ****ing numbskulls such as yourself
kept records having to do with usenet. But no one does.

Rather than lashing out at this pathetic specimen,
I am serious considering taking the high road and
shipping him a carton of rare volumes as a gift. If
he had truly experienced the wonder of beautiful old
books he would be heartily ashamed for acting the
way he does in a public book collecting forum.
Maybe holding some distinguished example of the
bookmaker's arts of yore would inspire this shabby
creature calling himself "Fundoc" to become a
genuine book collector, instead of a shallow
poseur and general forum pest. Sadly, though,
I fear he is depraved beyond all hope of inspiration.
What do YOU think,readers?

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

STFU, Palmjob.
Old February 16th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

wrote:
On Feb 8, 6:38*am, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

[...]

STFU, Palmjob.- Hide quoted text -

Crawl back into the woodwork from
whence you came, spankard!
I suspect that your whining about
the punishment meted out to
Fundoc would have something to
do with the fact that you yourself.,,
Mr. "Just-Plain-Dave", come onto
this thread bearing grudges for
many past-- and richly deserved --
pummelings. As every reader to
this thread will witness, I was
proven right about Fundoc (that is,
right about *WHAT* he was) when
he wriggled in under his latest fake
name, and no doubt I am right about
you too. i see you very clearly in my
mind's eye, skulking around out there,
grumbling and grousing over your
past humiliations, pausing frequently
to lick your many wounds...

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

"It was not so much the lost terrestrial,
The snug hiburnal from that sea and salt,
That century of wind in a single puff.
What counted was mythology of self,
Blotched out beyond unblotching. [...]

--Wallace Stevens

Old February 16th 08, 06:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Feb 9, 2:57*pm, "foad" wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

You are a tought nut to crack, Fundoc, but
I intend to keep working on you, trying to
kindle that small spark of intelligent humanity
you sometimes manifest.

I don't doubt that'd you'd like nothing more than to kindle a spark by
working on my nuts.

By the way, even
your flaming "talents" would seem to have run far
downhill.

And yours have improved. But then they'd have had to, short of a cerebral
accident.

*For instance, hose as an attempt
to rebut the things I pointed out about you,
THAT'S really an original flame tactic, isn't it?

I'm not flaming you dimwit. Flaming is so last century.

Spoken like the veritable spankard you are, Fundoc!.
Of course flaming is "so last century" for you.
After all, it would be very, very difficult to find
another poster in the history of the net
who has instigated so many flame wars --,
er, satirical bouts, lampoon fights,
whatever you want to call them -- by
pestering others, and who has consistently
come out the worse for it so many, many
times. Whee! But fine, Fundoc, if you
want to eschew the term "flaming" and
simply say that you have long annoyed
your betters with your feeble attempts
at lampoon and satire -- and that your delusions
of talent regarding the art of wit invariably
caused you grief and humiliation and turned
you into the newsgroup laughingstock you
remain today, fine, Who needs the term
"flaming"?

I'm just calling you
names.

Yes, you are, Fundoc. Just calling others
names is your stock-in-trade and a
newsgroup "humorist." And of course,
mere name calling is the lowliest form of
flaming -- er -- "wit".

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

Very flat looking. note.boy Paper Money 0 April 11th 06 08:10 PM
1954 Flat Pack? Alan Bruns Coins 7 February 26th 06 02:22 PM
Flat or rotary with microscope? Jean-Pierre Sangin General Discussion 1 February 27th 05 10:35 AM
NOS Flat Packs! The Poodlebutt 8 Track Tapes 16 May 28th 04 12:30 PM
Parker Duofold, flat inkbag and more Kenneth Darling Soerensen Pens & Pencils 4 March 17th 04 10:16 AM