Presidential Autographs

Old December 7th 06, 10:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Default Presidential Autographs

Has anyone been successful in getting TTM from George H. W. Bush, Bill
Clinton, or
Jimmy Carter?

I used to get successful replies from Jimmy Carter back in the 80's.
Then I got a couple of
good responses form Bush Sr in the past. I know Gerald Ford used to
send them out when
he was well.

Chip

Old December 7th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

I received an AP autograph from Bush Sr. My picture was returned unsigned. From what I've heard about Clinton (either of them) is that you will get the same or a PP, if you're lucky. I received an unsigned picture for my efforts with Billy boy. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

Old December 7th 06, 11:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Hi Mike,
A while back after Clinton left office, I got a pamphlet signed through
the mail. I didn't match it with any autopen patterns I have.

Chip

Gummby3 wrote:
[...]

------=_NextPart_000_0529_01C71A1D.B8F49940

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
HTMLHEAD
META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
META content="MSHTML 6.00.5730.11" name=GENERATOR
STYLE/STYLE
/HEAD
BODY bgColor=#ffffff
DIVI received an AP autograph from Bush Sr.  My picture was returned
unsigned.  From what I've heard about Clinton (either of them) is that you
will get the same or a PP, if you're lucky.  I received an unsigned picture
for my efforts with Billy boy. :-)/DIV
DIVBR-- BR/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIVMikeBRGummby3BR-= Star Collector =-BRA
href="http://www.star-collector.net"www.star-collector.net/A/DIV
DIV /DIV
DIV /DIV
BLOCKQUOTE
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"
DIV"chip1057" <A
"chipf1057@gmail. com/A> wrote in message
glegroups.com"news:1165529688.707415.137880@73g20 00cwn.googlegroups.com/A.../DIVHas
anyone been successful in getting TTM from George H. W. Bush, BillBRClinton,
orBRJimmy Carter?BRBRI used to get successful replies from Jimmy Carter
back in the 80's.BRThen I got a couple ofBRgood responses form Bush Sr in
the past.  I know Gerald Ford used toBRsend them out whenBRhe was
well.BRBRChipBRBR/BLOCKQUOTE/BODY/HTML

------=_NextPart_000_0529_01C71A1D.B8F49940--

Old December 8th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Jack

I sent a book to Carter and to GHW, and got both back personalized and
signed. Doesn't look like autopen. Those were both a few years ago, tho.

Early last year, I sent a copy of an autopenned Navy certificate to Clinton
.... it was autopenned when he was prez, and I sent it after he 'retired'. I
wanted him to really sign it. I sent a very nice letter, and I got back a
very nice letter from one of his lackeys saying he is too busy to sign
autographs!

Oh well, I have his book signed at least.

Jack

ups.com...

Old December 8th 06, 05:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

clinton has taken to signing in person quite a bit...a month or so ago
he was in phoenix for a rally and his people grabbed everything that
people wanted signed and took it into a back room to be
autographed...some lady didn't want anything signed, she just wanted a
posed picture...
now, for the most part, you'd think that stuff went into a back room
and the stuff was signed by some lackey or whatever...but the lady with
the camera got a bunch of nice pictures of mr clinton, signing the
stuff in the back room...people had baseballs and everything...
my friend troy got me a 16x20 signed, and that was one of the pictures
on the lady's camera of him signing...
troy's still waiting for the lady to send the pictures to him though.
mike

Old December 8th 06, 05:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and jimmy carter is doing all kinds of appearances right now.
mike