Newsgroup Question. Rec.collecting coins

Old February 17th 04, 06:26 PM
Patrick Rose

Default Newsgroup Question. Rec.collecting coins

I recently did a search for my posts to rec.collecting coins looking for
late followups to questions asked. Seems like posts I posted are missing
from the newsgroup. How does that work? I like to look back and see if there
is any late replies to questions I post. Post dates go back 6/3/2003 for me
but can't find my posts and reply threads. Is there an arbitrary post eater
out there?

TIA,

Patrick

Old February 17th 04, 06:47 PM
Richard L. Hall

I find that that happens a lot, too. Try going on

http://www.google.com

Then to groups and then to rec.collecting.coins. You can search on your
email address or name.

--
Richard
ANA# R-176949

Dating Coins from the reverse:
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins...erse_Dated.htm

Minor Errors: http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins/Errors//Errors.htm
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins...s//Errors2.htm

Large and Small Date Lincolns:
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins...mall_Dates.htm

Viewing the 3's on Lincolns
http://home.netcom.com/~richlh/Coins/Comparison3's.htm
RCC FAQ:
http://www.telesphere.com/ts/coins/faq2.html

. com...

Old February 17th 04, 07:01 PM
Bill Krummel

"Patrick Rose" wrote in message
. com...
I recently did a search for my posts to rec.collecting coins looking for
late followups to questions asked. Seems like posts I posted are missing
from the newsgroup. How does that work? I like to look back and see if

there
is any late replies to questions I post. Post dates go back 6/3/2003 for

me
but can't find my posts and reply threads. Is there an arbitrary post

eater
out there?

TIA,

Patrick

Ok, I don't really know what I am talking about, but my understanding is
that posts are not kept forever by your server, but for a limited time,
perhaps measured by days, perhaps by weeks. But Google keeps all. I did a
search at Google and found;

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...llecting.coins

or, if tinyurl works for you;

http://tinyurl.com/2t436

Bill

Old February 17th 04, 07:43 PM
K6AZ

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 18:26:38 GMT, "Patrick Rose" wrote:

I recently did a search for my posts to rec.collecting coins looking for
late followups to questions asked. Seems like posts I posted are missing
from the newsgroup. How does that work? I like to look back and see if there
is any late replies to questions I post. Post dates go back 6/3/2003 for me
but can't find my posts and reply threads. Is there an arbitrary post eater
out there?

TIA,

Patrick

You must not be searching correctly. Here are your posts since Jan 1 2003:

http://tinyurl.com/26wfl
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old February 17th 04, 09:21 PM
Chris S

"Richard L. Hall" wrote:
I find that that happens a lot, too. Try going on

When updating your new browser, do you get a message saying you've been
disconnected by the server? I have, making me think that any posts put on
the server while I've been off line are lost on my browser (Outlook
Express). Jorg Lueke recommended switching to a free German server; I
applied for an ID/password, and will try it and let you know the results
when I get it. Believe it or not, I got an e-mail saying they process
registrations by hand!

--Chris

Old February 18th 04, 12:07 AM
texaso

"Patrick Rose" wrote in message .com...
I recently did a search for my posts to rec.collecting coins looking for
late followups to questions asked. Seems like posts I posted are missing
from the newsgroup. How does that work? I like to look back and see if there
is any late replies to questions I post. Post dates go back 6/3/2003 for me
but can't find my posts and reply threads. Is there an arbitrary post eater
out there?

TIA,

Patrick

I put up a message the 16th of Feb and it is not there now only 2
days or less for it to be taken off or lost!!
Old February 18th 04, 12:24 AM
Bob Flaminio

texaso wrote:
I put up a message the 16th of Feb and it is not there now only 2
days or less for it to be taken off or lost!!

Contact your ISP -- they're the ones deleting them. Or, sign up with a
third party news service like news.individual.net -- no binaries, but
much longer retention of messages than most ISPs.

--
Bob

Old February 18th 04, 12:41 AM
Richard L. Hall

"Chris S" chris(at)imt.xohost.com wrote in message
"Richard L. Hall" wrote:
I find that that happens a lot, too. Try going on

When updating your new browser, do you get a message saying you've been
disconnected by the server? I have, making me think that any posts put on
the server while I've been off line are lost on my browser (Outlook
Express). Jorg Lueke recommended switching to a free German server; I
applied for an ID/password, and will try it and let you know the results
when I get it. Believe it or not, I got an e-mail saying they process
registrations by hand!

I don't get that notice but sometimes I think I have been disconnected or at
least the server has become so slow that something is happening. I have a
DSL connection both at home and at work and it seems to happen in both
locations ... things that I think I've posted just don't make it. Sometimes
I see a response to a message but not the original message even when I'm
well below my maximum number of messages to download. So it seems to be
getting to some server and some people can read it. But I don't see it.

Old February 18th 04, 11:54 PM
Patrick Rose

Switched over to my other account at giganews.com and a whole new world
opened to me. Thanks for the tips. Went from 11337 messages unread to over
65,000 messages unread for this newsgroup. (Golly Shizam!)

p.

"Patrick Rose" wrote in message
. com...
I recently did a search for my posts to rec.collecting coins looking for
late followups to questions asked. Seems like posts I posted are missing
from the newsgroup. How does that work? I like to look back and see if

there
is any late replies to questions I post. Post dates go back 6/3/2003 for

me
but can't find my posts and reply threads. Is there an arbitrary post

eater
out there?

TIA,

Patrick

Counterfeit detection primer -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 2 January 31st 04 09:29 PM
Toning: real, artificial, in between? -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 0 January 11th 04 08:01 PM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 12 November 26th 03 03:36 PM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM
newcomer question... mint state coins that look NOT satin white ect... Julia Alveres Coins 7 July 22nd 03 05:20 PM