What do you collect?

Old August 31st 12, 02:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default What do you collect?

"Victor Manta" wrote in message
In the past we run several times postings with the subject: What do you
collect? This way we could learn more about the philatelic interests of
the participants in RCSD and know better one another.

snip
How about you? TIA.

Many thanks to all who participated in this RCSD survey.

We have many philatelic interests and we're still standing!

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old December 1st 12, 03:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
TLB

S.N.A. Totally!

Tracy
Old December 1st 12, 04:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

TLB wrote :
S.N.A. Totally!

Tracy

Hello Tracy,

He he he !!!
Very pleased to hear from you :-)))

I have a question : how do you collect S.N.A. : used or hinged or MNH ?
And also, which catalog would you recommend ?

N.B. For the education of the newbies in rcsd please visit :
http://sna-on.postalstamps.biz/rcsd/participants.htm

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old December 1st 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"TLB" wrote in message

S.N.A. Totally!

Tracy

The only stamps that still deserve it, thanks to the quantities issued so
far.

Old December 3rd 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend Waever[_2_]

On 2012-08-28 07:58:44 +0000, Droger Jean-Paul said:

Hello!

I collect for more then 60 years, I'd began at 7. and I am over 70.
now!! I had never stopped to collect, I am member from CCCC (see here
http://www.covercollectors.org/, it's an APS member) since 1957 to find
friends in foreign countries I collect, bit now for some countries I
don't find friends, it's a pity..

I collect so:

France used only from "before stamp", one letter with each type of
cancelation, to now , older also on letter and different cancelations
on stamp alone or letter; I collect a lot of French things, always
used, and have still more duplicates from beginning to now necessary to
exchange with foreign friends.

Swizerland used from "Strubeli" to now , I use Zumstein; I search a
friend in this country to get modern used stamps;

USA used from beginning to 1990, include precancels, I am APS member
(mainly to get a newspaper I have interest and to have to read
english); search mainly stamps before 1940 (straight edges) and
precancel (but now time to discover all stamps I bought on Ebay 2 years
ago); I search also a friend in the States, it seems difficult to find
one that still collect French stamps; I use Scott specialized

All Scandinavian countries used, with Facit or Michel and search a
friend in Finnland and Iceland (I had never one in this country).

All countries from older Yugoslavia (before and after) mint or used,
how I find the stamps, but this collection is sleeping because not easy
to find friends in those countries now, they have other things to do
then collecting stamps

I have now stopped to collect Argentinia and Israël mint because no
time and they are mint collection, used stamps are better for me!!

I think I have not miss out something!

Best wishes for this week!

Bonjour
Good to see you here and good to hear that you collect. Scandinavia. I
am Danish but live in Sweden. I used to live in Chatou close to Paris.
I was inspired to collect "Chatou", a collection that I call: My
village west of Paris; Chatou". You helpted me clarifying certain
cancellations for which I am very grateful.

If you need help with your collection of Denmark do not hesitate to
contacting me. I am a collector since I was 6 and being 59 today you
can figure out the number of years I spent collecting stamps.

Have a nice evening
Svend

Old December 6th 12, 09:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Droger Jean-Paul

Svend Waever a présenté l'énoncé suivant :
On 2012-08-28 07:58:44 +0000, Droger Jean-Paul said:

Hello!

[...]

Bonjour,

Pierre wrote me some days ago that you sent me a message here!! Ilook
over RSCD each morning whan I am at hone, but I don't read all therads,
only those I had a interess ...

Yes I continue to collect Scandinavian countries, but is is not very
easy to find new issues used, and friends that alos continue to collect
French used stamps! I search a friend in Finland for 6 years now, and
for other countries I have friends but they write every 6 to 8 month
and it is so not easy to get stamps!!

Fot older stamps, no problem, I find it by some friends, on Delcampe
and at most stamp markets day around LYON!!

I have Facit 2013 and a national catalog for each country I collect;
for DK I have an AFA 2008, but not the special catalog, I think it is
in Danish language with no English (or German) traslation, and I have
difficulty to understand your language.

So I thank you for your offer but to day I don't need help to day!

But if you meet friends that search to find a friend in France to swap
stamps (used or mint, but I search only used) you can give my E-Mail!!

Best wishes

JP

--
Pour m'envoyer un mail, remplacer anti par droger et manama par
wanadoo; to send me directly a mail replace anti with droger and manama

Old December 8th 12, 11:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
xanadu

On Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:49:36 AM UTC-4, Victor Manta wrote:
In the past we run several times postings with the subject: What do you

collect? This way we could learn more about the philatelic interests of the

participants in RCSD and know better one another.

I will start by (re)introducing myself. As noted in my signature, I'm

interested in the topics "Art on Stamps" and "Communism on Postal Stamps."

Other interests are Romanian stamps and philatelic webmastering. Humor

related to stamps is also a subject that interests me.

How about you? TIA.

--

Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/

Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Hi,

I collect pre-1950 stamps of:

British Commonwealth (used)
Great Britain (used)
GB used abroad and Commonwealth/colonial stamps used abroad (India and others)

I'm currently interested in and actively acquiring Gilbert and Ellice Islands with island cancellations

Regards,

Mike

Old December 9th 12, 12:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Richard Babin[_4_]

Forgive my English my mother tongue is French.

I collect stamps from South American countries.
If anyone is interested to trade I'm offering a huge variety of used
stamps from Canada. I also have a large stock of used Europe and many
from the rest of the world.

See my wants & offers list:
http://pages.videotron.com/ricbab/index.htm

IMPORTANT:
To contact me REMOVE spam from my email address.

Old August 24th 13, 08:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

On 18/08/2012 14:49, Victor Manta wrote:
In the past we run several times postings with the subject: What do
you collect? This way we could learn more about the philatelic
interests of the participants in RCSD and know better one another.

I collect Italy and Area primarily (as listed in Sassone), with side
collections of Austria and (to a lesser extent) Hungary.

I am really just starting the latter, and a few days ago was delighted
to find a used copy of the '35 instead of 50 filler lake on blue' error
from the 1913 Turul bird set in a job lot that cost me about 15 GBP.

See http/www.italianstamps.co.uk/sboard/mat680a.jpg

I still collect UK Machins and booklets.

--
Tony Clayton
www.coins-of-the-uk.co.uk

Old August 24th 13, 09:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Terry Reedy

On 8/24/2013 3:13 PM, Tony Clayton wrote:

I am really just starting the latter, and a few days ago was delighted
to find a used copy of the '35 instead of 50 filler lake on blue' error
from the 1913 Turul bird set in a job lot that cost me about 15 GBP.

See http/www.italianstamps.co.uk/sboard/mat680a.jpg

"The requested URL /www.italianstamps.co.uk/sboard/mat680a.jpg was not
found on this server."

what else do you collect? [email protected] Coins 218 June 15th 07 06:58 PM
What do you collect? Chrysta Wilson Coins 0 July 19th 03 05:59 PM
What do you collect? \Bo\ Mathews Coins 2 July 18th 03 10:14 PM
What do you collect? gogu Coins 0 July 14th 03 09:56 PM
What do you collect? Wheeler Coins 0 July 13th 03 11:24 AM