Reciept for a war time gift?

Old April 12th 11, 02:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Default Reciept for a war time gift?

A friend in the US sent me a scan of this:

http://www.norbyhus.dk/misc/aw.jpg

Why should the receipt for the packet (gift) be sent to Hamburg. Have
any of you an explanation. (The Danish news group dk.fritid.filateli
is a bit dead at the moment! so there is not much help to get)

TIA!
--
Mvh Toke

Læs om Ejnar Olsen og Søllestedmærkerne
samt om trusselsbrevet til kong Fr. 8!
http://www.norbyhus.dk/
Old April 13th 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 12, 9:11*am, Toke Nørby wrote:
A friend in the US sent me a scan of this:

http://www.norbyhus.dk/misc/aw.jpg

Why should the receipt for the packet (gift) be sent to Hamburg. Have
any of you an explanation. (The Danish news group dk.fritid.filateli
is a bit dead at the moment! so there is not much help to get)

TIA!
*--
Mvh Toke

Læs om Ejnar Olsen og Søllestedmærkerne
samt om trusselsbrevet til kong Fr. 8!http://www.norbyhus.dk/

Good Morning, Toke:

This is a German parcel receipt card for a "Love package".
They were used from 1940-45.

Gifts of love packages.
These were packets to and from civilians from neutral
countries to Germany and the occupied territories.

In reference to this item, I would recommend
the following publication (in German).

A new publication (2010) in the New Series of
the Postmark Guild.

Volume 179: by Paul-Jürgen Hueske:
Receipts for gifts of love packages in the 1940s
(in this volume - Box 1240 in Hamburg 8)
48 pages, A5 paperback, 41 illustrations
in black / white and color, (2010)
Price: 7,50 € (members price 6,00 €)
http://www.poststempelgilde.de/shop.html

In addition I have posted a large (4.8 Megabytes) PDF file online
at : http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijax5pBQJ.pdf

It is in German and shows many ilustrations of such cards
to a number of similar addresses.

I hope that this is of some assistance to you.

Blair

Old April 13th 11, 03:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 13, 10:30*am, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
[...]

PS: My PDF file also contains the rules regarding sending of the
"love parcels".
Old April 13th 11, 06:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Blair (TC) a écrit :

In addition I have posted a large (4.8 Megabytes) PDF file online
at : http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijax5pBQJ.pdf

It is in German and shows many ilustrations of such cards
to a number of similar addresses.

I hope that this is of some assistance to you.

Blair : very interesting, even if I do not undestand German.
At least, I could appreciate the pictures.

PLEASE NOTE : in order to download the pdf file (cijoint says -in
French - that no preview is available) one must right-click on the URL :
"LG-Pakete[1].pdf"

--
Cheers,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

Old April 13th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Apr 13, 1:17*pm, "Pierre COURTIADE" wrote:
Blair (TC) a crit :

In addition I have posted a large (4.8 Megabytes) PDF file online
at : *http://www.cijoint.fr/cjlink.php?fil...cijax5pBQJ.pdf

It is in German and shows many ilustrations of such cards
to a number of similar addresses.

I hope that this is of some assistance to you.

Blair : very interesting, even if I do not undestand German.
At least, I could appreciate the pictures.

PLEASE NOTE : in order to download the pdf file (cijoint says -in
French - that no preview is available) one must right-click on the URL :
"LG-Pakete[1].pdf"

--
Cheers,
Pierre Courtiade

to answer me, please replace NOSPAM by my family name

I noticed that Pierre. It's hard to preview a 5 Meg file I guess
8*)
Old April 14th 11, 11:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

"Blair (TC)" wrote:

Toke:
[...]

"Some assistance"? It's bullseye :-) Thanks so much, Blair! :-)

Old April 14th 11, 04:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

....snip

Pierre wrote:
Blair : very interesting, even if I do not undestand German.
At least, I could appreciate the pictures.

If any of you want a rough machine translation (into English) of the
article, send me an e-mail (subject: War-time-gift) and I'll return a
2 Mb Word file. It's certainly not a perfect translation but it's easy
to understand.

Thanks again, Blair!!

Old April 17th 11, 08:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Toke Nørby

Do you want a print of the secured PDF-document?
You can make a print if you:

1. Open Word.

2. Open the PDF-document and ajust the size so you see page 1.

3. Hold down the ALT-key and press the "Print Scr"-key (you have now
copied the ACTIVE window to the clip-board).

4. Click on the page in word and then right-click and choose insert.
Now you have page 1 (picture) of the PDF-file in the Word-file.

5. Insert a space after the insertion.

7. Hold down the ALT-key and press the "Print Scr"-key.

8. Click on the page in word after the former insertion - right-click
and choose insert.

9. Repeat 6-8 as long as there are new pages in the PDF-fil.

10. Save the Word-file - and/or print it.

:-)

Old April 18th 11, 06:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre COURTIADE[_6_]

Default Printing/saving anything from the screen. Was: Reciept for a war time gift?

Victor Manta wrote :

1. ALT - Prt Scr
2. Paste to any graphic program (the old MS Paint will do the job)
3. Print the whole or extract parts of the window and do with them
what you like.

Hi Victor,

Here is a powerful small piece of software, FastStone Capture,
a shareware (also sold at 19.95 $) :
http://www.faststone.org/FSCaptureDetail.htm

What is quite cool is that you select on your screen the rectangle to
copy (without having to crop the entire screen later on).
It includes also a very useful tool to capture an entire scrolling
window not totally visible on the screen !
(For information of my French speaking friends, exists also a French
version - or translation : I don't recall - of this software) HTH

--
All the best,

Old April 26th 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Steve Silverwood

On Sun, 17 Apr 2011 21:05:57 -0400, "Victor Manta"
wrote:

"Toke Nørby" wrote in message
.. .

Do you want a print of the secured PDF-document?
You can make a print if you:

1. Open Word.

2. Open the PDF-document and ajust the size so you see page 1.

3. Hold down the ALT-key and press the "Print Scr"-key (you have now
copied the ACTIVE window to the clip-board).

snip

1. ALT - Prt Scr
2. Paste to any graphic program (the old MS Paint will do the job)
3. Print the whole or extract parts of the window and do with them what you
like.

Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Another tool suggestion:

If you have Office 2010, you get a great data-organizing tool called
OneNote. (It's been available since its 2003 version, but starting
with 2010 it's now bundled with EVERY Office 2010 package, from Home &
Student through the top-end Enterprise package.) I've been using
OneNote since the 2003 =beta= and I pretty much LIVE in that package.

Among other features, OneNote has a system-tray component that assigns
the Windows-S key combination to take screen clippings & store them in
a OneNote note.

I've found OneNote very useful for keeping track of all sorts of
information, since it's all automatically indexed and immediately
searchable. I keep information about my stamp and radio hobbies in
there, along with professional information, since it's easy and quick
to search the entire system with just a few keystrokes and clicks.

A free 60-day eval version is available for downloading at
http://office.microsoft.com/onenote.

(And just for the record: no, I don't work for Microsoft. I have no
connection with the company whatsoever except as a customer.)

-- //Steve//