eBay Selling - Still have that List 5 Items No Listing Fee "Deal"???

Old August 27th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

Default eBay Selling - Still have that List 5 Items No Listing Fee "Deal"???

I have no idea where to find this on eBay's page(s), but I figure the
sellers here will know without looking.

I have some odds-and-ends to list, but I want to scheme correctly when
listing. I don't want to list the more expensive items using that older
deal where the listing is free, but the final value fees are higher. I'll
list the junkier stuff first if this is still in effect.

Is that "deal" still in effect? Is it better to list 5 lower-priced items
before getting to anything better?

I've found that I'm again accumulating more things than I actually collect.
I'll be listing some stamp-related stuff, but I also have coin books for
things that I don't collect. I think. Looking to convert this stuff into
coins that I DO collect at a show coming to Cleveland mid-September.

Side question - I know gold is soaring. What's silver doing? I still have
world mint and proof sets (some silver) and things like US bicentenial
medals and riff-raff I think are silver.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Nick
Old August 27th 10, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Nick Knight" wrote in message
[...]

If eBay can be used as one indicator, I haven't seen much price movement in
things like silver proof sets or medals as silver again moved into the $19
range. I think we've become so used to seeing knee-jerk price fluctuations
in metal prices that it will take a while before this is reflected in silver
coin values. Next week silver may fall back in the $17 range.

I have followed Panama 20 Balboa silver proofs to see if there are any price
increases, but they still seem to be locked pretty much in line with bullion
prices and have not changed much in the last year or so. I haven't seen
much change in silver proof set values due to changes in silver price.

Old August 27th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Aug 26, 9:51*pm, "Nick Knight" wrote:

Side question - I know gold is soaring. *What's silver doing? *I still have
world mint and proof sets (some silver) and things like US bicentenial
medals and riff-raff I think are silver.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Nick

Nick, as of 1:30pm EDT, silver is doing better than gold, over $19 per
oz, where gold is pretty much flat, where it was yesterday $1235 per
oz.