OT - Retention of emails

Old June 25th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Default OT - Retention of emails

Just out of curiosity, how long do you keep emails you receive and emails
you send on your CP?
Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old June 25th 09, 12:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Hi Tony,
If they are important, screen capture will save them forever.
I have OE going back 2 years, and it must be substantial
because when I do my housekeeping with "CrapCleaner"
the program spends a great deal of time scanning my "saved" folder.
More than any other folder on my computer.

Old June 25th 09, 12:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:01:08 -0400, Tony Vella wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how long do you keep emails you receive and
emails you send on your CP?
Thanks in advance.

I use Gmail -- I route my own domains through it. Everything I send,
Gmail has a copy of. Its quota for my usage is growing faster than my
needs are growing, so: never?

Rodney, why save screen captures? Why not save text? That way you can
search through them later.

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old June 25th 09, 01:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Interesting Joshua,
it is a juggling act, depending on the better format.
Mine is basically an image driven database, and screen capture
is really the ideal archival method for brevity.
The parameters are driven by the post, if the text able to be contained
in the screen borders, I'll screen capture.
Lengthy replies, or multiple posts, I'll "combine and decode" and
paste unformatted to a MSWks word doc.

My search engine will find words in the doc, and I'll add pertinent words
to the image file name so that the engine will add those.
The advent of the long file name was a blessing in that regard.

A screen capture also adds the benefit of the author and date.
A screen capture takes about 5 seconds, CTRL/Shift/P and a name....done.

"Joshua McGee"

Old June 25th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Jun 24, 7:01*pm, "Tony Vella" wrote:
Just out of curiosity, how long do you keep emails you receive and emails
you send on your CP?
Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada --http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Tony, I dump all about once a month. I found that I very seldom went
back for anything therefore no big loss.
If there is anything real special I put it in the SAVED MAIL box and
even that gets dumped on occasion.

Ralph
Old June 25th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "Tony Vella" wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how long do you keep emails you receive and emails
you send on your CP?

About two years. I housekeep once in a while.

Any of importance are saved in special folders; examples
are emails with coin images that I have used on my website.

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :

Lost emails Mette General Discussion 34 February 16th 07 01:25 AM
emails....... le.magnifique Hockey 1 July 17th 06 06:47 AM
GET PAID TO READ EMAILS [email protected] Paper Money 0 November 24th 05 09:55 AM
Get paid to read emails francine brown Paper Money 1 September 11th 05 10:48 PM
Mint emails... R! Coins 4 March 17th 05 06:12 PM