My Deegam has arrived!!

Old July 14th 03, 10:39 PM
Tracy Barber

Default My Deegam has arrived!!

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:02:49 +0000 (UTC), "Bob Harper"
wrote:

Dear group,
My Complete Deegam Machin Handbook has arrived - I have not read it yet but
I was so excited I wrote a tongue in cheek pre-review:
This morning our long suffering Postman arrived at the office a little more
bent over than usual.
From his bag he drew out large parcel addressed to me and struggled to hand
it over.
I took it from him and almost dropped it with surprise at the weight but,
noticing that it was plastered
with numerous values and colours of Machins, mainly in blocks, I grabbed it
eagerly and retired to the back office.

The days work prevented me from opening this intriguing box until I left,
deliberately early at 1630.
Once at home, Onto the kitchen table it went and first out was the packing
note from John Deering. "Warning" it said,
do not bodge sharp instruments into this box or you will damage your Deegam!
The packing was phenomenal and I very carefully cut around the sealing tape
from near the blocks of Machins
so as not to damage them when I eventually managed to get it off. Half an
hour later I had just about got the box open.
There, as expected were the two binders in a bright green reminiscent of the
63p Emerald Machin value of 1966- 67- Is this where Doug got the idea for
the choice of colour I wonder.

The pages themselves were shrink-wrapped but that is not all - they were
surrounded by bubble wrap too
so I had to spend another half hour popping the bubbles, as you do!

Finally I got the pages into the binders and very smart they look too. A
piece of card protected the last page in each pile
and I was lucky - mine had one blind perf hole in each card (perfs IIIP &
the gauge of the P side is 4) I will be willing to trade one of my blind
perf cards for one of yours in a different position - post a message if you
got one too! This perf type has not been classified yet by Douglas. A
glaring error methinks.
So there we are - I am already excited and I haven't read a page of it yet.
Oh the ecstasy that is sure to come.
Thank you Douglas!

Now, there's a COLLECTOR!

Tracy Barber
Old July 15th 03, 12:26 AM
J. A. Mc.

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:39:58 GMT, (Tracy
Barber) found these unused words floating about:

wrote:

Dear group,
My Complete Deegam Machin Handbook has arrived - I have not read it yet but
I was so excited I wrote a tongue in cheek pre-review:
This morning our long suffering Postman arrived at the office a little more
bent over than usual.
From his bag he drew out large parcel addressed to me and struggled to hand
[...]

Awwwwww, he's just machin do ! G

Old July 15th 03, 09:18 AM
David F.

Dear group,
My Complete Deegam Machin Handbook has arrived - I have not read it yet but
I was so excited I wrote a tongue in cheek pre-review:
This morning our long suffering Postman arrived at the office a little more
bent over than usual.
From his bag he drew out large parcel addressed to me and struggled to hand
[...]

We just love our little Perforations here in the UK...
You should see the Adverts on TV!

Can't live without 'em...

David.

Old July 15th 03, 02:29 PM
Douglas MYALL

Bob Harper wrote in article
Dear group,
My Complete Deegam Machin Handbook has arrived - I have not read it yet

but
I was so excited I wrote a tongue in cheek pre-review:
This morning our long suffering Postman arrived at the office a little

more
bent over than usual.
From his bag he drew out large parcel addressed to me and struggled to

hand

&
the gauge of the P side is 4) I will be willing to trade one of my blind
perf cards for one of yours in a different position - post a message if

you
got one too! This perf type has not been classified yet by Douglas. A
glaring error methinks.
So there we are - I am already excited and I haven't read a page of it

yet.
Oh the ecstasy that is sure to come.
Thank you Douglas!
Bob

Glad to hear that it arrived safely and that the special box works as
planned. Don't forget to return your registration card to get free Report
updates electronically. The first one will be in mid-September.

The colour of the binders is Pantone 3265 C with glossy laminate.

I shall have to allocate a Deegam valuation scale of 0 for your part
imperf protector card. Pity it wasn't fully imperf.; that would have
warranted a 9.

Now, how about the rest of you?!

Douglas

Douglas
Old July 15th 03, 04:10 PM
Ron Jackson

Bob Harper wrote in his splendid preview... I khow the feeling!!

63p Emerald Machin value of 1966- 67

Did I miss this one ??
I KNOW, IT SHOULD BE 1996-97

Bob Harper wrote in message
Dear group,
My Complete Deegam Machin Handbook has arrived - I have not read it yet

but
I was so excited I wrote a tongue in cheek pre-review:
This morning our long suffering Postman arrived at the office a little

more
bent over than usual.
From his bag he drew out large parcel addressed to me and struggled to

Old July 15th 03, 06:27 PM
Bob Harper

Sorry!
Of course it should have read 1996 -67 - It was the excitement that caused
that little slip.
Incidentally, the blocks of Machins used to prepay the postage were actually
quite neatly cancelled by Royal Mail, this may be because the packing was
thick cardboard which took a good impression from the CDS stamp - another
bonus.
Bob

Old July 16th 03, 07:24 PM

You guys are cheating ! You live in The UK.
..
Here I am watching the shipping reports and the Projected paths of the
next Atlantic Hurricanes, wondering which ship has the my carton and has
someone been thoughtful enough to wrap a life jacket around it just in
case.
..
Charlie Jensen
In Sunny Florida

Live right,
Eat right,
Exercise ... ... ... Die anyway !

It Arrived! Mame Coins 27 July 10th 04 12:12 AM
ARCAMAX Sheaffer Triumph Imperial arrived today morten Pens & Pencils 9 May 5th 04 01:39 PM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 11 April 26th 04 12:52 PM
2004 Silver Proof Set (Quarters Only) - Arrived SeaFarer62 Coins 5 April 13th 04 09:32 PM
Swap package from Sam F. arrived! BobbyShaw Coins 4 December 21st 03 08:58 AM