Good evening everybody!

Old June 10th 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

Default Good evening everybody!

After 37 long days away from home I'm at last back.
While I was out of country I purchased more than 400 MS or sets of stamps so
I'll have a lot of work in the next 20-30 days;-)
So here I come with a question for the knowledgeable:
I've seen that there are two (or maybe more) catalogues specialized on
Vatican and San Marino, namely "CATALOGO BOLAFFI 2012 - EDIZIONE FLASH"
(what does it mean "flash", maybe a short version of some more complete
catalogue?...) and "CATALOGO UNIFICATO JUNIOR 2012" (I suppose that here,
too, the title "junior" means some kind of a shorter version).
So I'd like to ask you, what do you think is the best catalogue to buy?

TIA

Old June 11th 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

So I'd like to ask you, what do you think is the best catalogue to buy?
http://www.vaticanphilately.org/rs.htm
See near the end about books on Vatican Philately.
Old June 11th 12, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

? "Sir F.A. Rien" ?????? ??? ??????
news
So I'd like to ask you, what do you think is the best catalogue to buy?

http://www.vaticanphilately.org/rs.htm
See near the end about books on Vatican Philately.

Thanks a lot!
"...These books, a specialized catalogue such as those by Bolaffi or
Sassone, and a subscription to Vatican Notes will serve as a basic library
for anyone seriously interested in this specialty...".
So I suppose Bolaffi it is.
Thanks again!

Old July 6th 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

On 11/06/2012 18:03, gogu wrote:
? "Sir F.A. Rien" ?????? ??? ??????
news
So I'd like to ask you, what do you think is the best catalogue to buy?

http://www.vaticanphilately.org/rs.htm
See near the end about books on Vatican Philately.

Thanks a lot!
"...These books, a specialized catalogue such as those by Bolaffi or
Sassone, and a subscription to Vatican Notes will serve as a basic
library for anyone seriously interested in this specialty...".
So I suppose Bolaffi it is.
Thanks again!

Sassone is much the best Italian area catalogue, in my opinion.

The others you mention are not so detailed

Old July 6th 12, 11:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

? "Tony Clayton" ?????? ??? ??????
On 11/06/2012 18:03, gogu wrote:
? "Sir F.A. Rien" ?????? ??? ??????
news
So I'd like to ask you, what do you think is the best catalogue to buy?
http://www.vaticanphilately.org/rs.htm
See near the end about books on Vatican Philately.

Thanks a lot!
"...These books, a specialized catalogue such as those by Bolaffi or
Sassone, and a subscription to Vatican Notes will serve as a basic
library for anyone seriously interested in this specialty...".
So I suppose Bolaffi it is.
Thanks again!

Sassone is much the best Italian area catalogue, in my opinion. The others
you mention are not so detailed

Thanks Tony but your answer comes a little late, yesterday I ordered the
Unificato Junior 2012 catalogue:-)
Let's hope it's the same good as Sassone...

Old July 7th 12, 03:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien

Sassone is much the best Italian area catalogue, in my opinion. The others
you mention are not so detailed

Thanks Tony but your answer comes a little late, yesterday I ordered the
Unificato Junior 2012 catalogue:-)
Let's hope it's the same good as Sassone...

Hope I didn't steer you wrong, but I though you were asking about
-=specialized=- Vatican, not all of the Italian area.
Old July 7th 12, 04:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_10_]

? "Sir F.A. Rien" ?????? ??? ??????
news
Sassone is much the best Italian area catalogue, in my opinion. The
others
you mention are not so detailed

Thanks Tony but your answer comes a little late, yesterday I ordered the
Unificato Junior 2012 catalogue:-)
Let's hope it's the same good as Sassone...

Hope I didn't steer you wrong, but I though you were asking about
-=specialized=- Vatican, not all of the Italian area.

Not at all, it was quite helpful!
Collecting Vatican and San marino I practically had only 3 ways to go:
Bolaffi, Sassone and Unificato.
Bolaffi was out since everybody said it was not up to the standards of the
other two.
After that and a small research I found out that Sassone was the standard in
what regards Italy & area but for some strange reason I opted for the
Unificato catalogue, I hope it was not a bad move:-)
Anyway, I'll have the catalogue in my hands in a few days and I'll let you
know my opinion.
If it's not as good as I expect, the Sassone catalogue costs just 15 euros
so it would not be a disaster to buy it, too;-)
Thanks again for the help!