Franklin Mint offering a Morgan Dollar for $29.95...

Old March 18th 10, 02:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scurvy Dog

Default Franklin Mint offering a Morgan Dollar for $29.95...

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
You're surprised at rear end motion on beach sand? I might have expected to
see some fishtailing, but I didn't see any in that clip either. Most likely
the Chevy brass selected the best take anyway. A scary ride? Try a 425hp
1963 Impala at speed along that same sand route.

Indeed.
The problem (which was grossly overstated by Nadar) was in cornering, not going
in a straight line.
All this was corrected by 1965, as I noted before.
The modified Corvair was a good car but Chevy couldn't overcome the bad press
generated by Nadar's misguided crusade.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvair

Old March 19th 10, 07:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

The Corvair was indeed way ahead of its time. Seems some group is
always after GM for something. In recent years they were blammed for
forcing people to buy gas guzzling trucks and SUVs...shame on them
lol People buy what they want..most people dont want a 2 seat car
that they have to plug in..and most people don't work in downtown DC
at a rights group office and live one block away.
Old March 19th 10, 08:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

MKW wrote:
The Corvair was indeed way ahead of its time. Seems some group is
always after GM for something. In recent years they were blammed for
forcing people to buy gas guzzling trucks and SUVs...shame on them
lol People buy what they want..most people dont want a 2 seat car
that they have to plug in..and most people don't work in downtown DC
at a rights group office and live one block away.

Boy, have I been in the dark lately! First, I find out that a female is
depicted on a boy scout commemorative coin, and now I learn that GM has
secretly been forcing Americans to buy their products! But this business of
"rights groups" right in the downtown area of *my* country is going too far!
What is this world coming to? This is just plain un-American! I'm going to
call into the Limbaugh "open mike Friday" show and report this.

James

Old March 19th 10, 02:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"MKW" wrote in message
The Corvair was indeed way ahead of its time. Seems some group is
always after GM for something. In recent years they were blammed for
forcing people to buy gas guzzling trucks and SUVs...shame on them
lol People buy what they want..most people dont want a 2 seat car
that they have to plug in..and most people don't work in downtown DC
at a rights group office and live one block away.

I haven't noticed GM being singled out for their gas guzzler trucks and
SUV's. Last I heard, everyone from Toyota to the big howevermany US
automakers were making V8 trucks and SUV's. I have no idea what most people
want or don't want, except maybe for bland muted earth colors in their
vehicles. As one who grew up with chromy 2-tone paint monsters in the
1950's, I find today's car color choices to be very.....peaceful.

To really save fuel, parhaps we should concentrate more on putting hybrid
engines in those big gas guzzlers instead of in the little cars that likely
could get 30mpg anyway.

Around here, most people DO work in downtown DC, but it's difficult to find
much housing one block away. From what I see, lots of the "rights groups"
seem to be set up in the suburbs in strip malls.

Old March 19th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
"MKW" wrote in message
[...]

Serves 'em right. Nobody fighting for rights should get first-class
accommodations. If Valley Forge was good enough for Washington and his
army, it should be good enough for a bunch of bleeding heart libruls today.

James the Reactionary