nice bank tellers and friends help with coin collecting

Old March 17th 10, 12:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
james durham

Default nice bank tellers and friends help with coin collecting

i started like most people and i still do this i get 25 dollars in
pennies twice a week from my bank and have for the last year i search
them i keep what i want and i send the rest back for more well early on
it paid off i got a baggie full of Canadians from my bank then it took
awhile and it paid off again as a driver of the van service i use to go
to my doctor gave me a buffalo nickel and a steelie then it took more
time another driver gave me some buffalos again then it took some more
time and still yet another driver gave me some hard to find teen wheat's
and some buffalos and some mercury's then a friend that i met in a coin
club gave me a few uncirculated wheat's folders of wheat's from 1909 to
1940 nearly full 1941 to 1974 that was full and a Canadian folder nearly
full and some silver quarters and dimes and some extra Canadians and a
tax token from the 20s or 30s she says then she gave me a large American
and large Canadian cent then she gave me some Indians that i needed
including an 1862 a couple Kennedy halves franklins too and a few ike's
and a complete still in package mint condition souvenir 1979 Susan b
Anthony set and a blank penny planchet then a few weeks ago a teller
gives me a 1917D wheat she found and i have the 300 wheats i found in
rolls this year so not a bad year in collecting

Old March 17th 10, 01:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"james durham" wrote in message
[...]

I'd say there's no need for you to go out of your way to collect. Just sit
still and goodies will fall in your lap. It must be nice to be liked.

Old March 17th 10, 02:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
james durham

i felt a bit reflective when i wrote that im getting more stuff when i
see one of them drivers again as far as folks giving me stuff goes and
not having to find it im a lucky man i guess because i know great people
that are willing to help me im in a different class of collecting i dont
and can not go to shows to pricey for my disability income which barely
makes my bills but i have found that most people even if they are not
collectors save the old coins when they find them either they notice the
design is different from the standards we see today so many save wheats
canadians or indians most of little value because of surface scratching
dirt of some kind that wont come off or the coins basically a sillouette
thats where i come in i talk to people and often they have or know where
to get stuff just last week my sisters hubby found me an 1888 indian
penny its just a sillouette coin but it is brand new in color is why i
like it so he traded work to get it for me and those drivers are all
older men and they have things for years and its of minimum value to any
other collector or dealer or even them if they are just change spotters
that would likely give them away for face value and since i show an
interest rather than do that they give them to me so some of my
collection is ugly to most collectors but is beautiful to me thank you
guys for being so nice and friendly and making me feel welcome here i
was hoping this would go well because im an avid reader of the group and
sometimes poster which i will do more now

Old March 17th 10, 02:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , (james durham) wrote:
[...]

sweet. no shmooze, you lose.
Old March 17th 10, 05:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mysteryroach

On Mar 16, 9:16*pm, (james durham) wrote:
[...]

With all of the good luck you're having, and all of the money that's
falling in your lap,I'd think you'd spring to get your "period" key
fixed.
Old March 17th 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"mysteryroach" wrote in message
[...]

And it's nice to see that you got your Shift key fixed after your first post
he
:-D

"i collect audubon prints. not originals, i could never afford them. i
specialize in a series of calender prints put out by the northwestern
mutual life insurance company in the 40's and 50's. they are pretty
good quality and i love their looks. out of the 52 prints that were
issued, i own 48, with several multiples. i've seen several original
audubons and i know that my prints aren't in the same league, but they
make me happy. most guests that come to my house remark about their
beauty and the nice job that i've done on the framing and matteing. i
have set my own standards for what's acceptable for my collection. i
would advise you to do the same."

- mazorj, who despite the nym, also has a working SHIFT key

Old March 19th 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

[...]

James, if you want to be taken seriously in a newsgroup you need to stop
writing like the other James (Joyce) with your run-on sentences. Please
figure out how to use your WebTV interface's SHIFT key for proper
capitalization, and how to punctuate your stream of consciousness thoughts.