mexican coin questions

Old March 16th 10, 07:05 PM
peter lounsberry peter lounsberry is offline
Junior Member

Location: upstate ny
Default mexican coin questions

Hi I collect Mexican coins and have a question for you. What is the nickel based
coin that is 1.165 in diameter about.115 thick and has the words Tierra Y Libertad
coined into the edge. Thanks for taking time out of your day to anwswer.

Peter
Old March 16th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

peter lounsberry wrote:
Hi I collect Mexican coins and have a question for you. What is the
nickel based
coin that is 1.165 in diameter about.115 thick and has the words
Tierra Y Libertad
coined into the edge. Thanks for taking time out of your day to
anwswer.

It would help if you told us the date, denomination, and the general designs
and legends present on both sides.

James

Old March 17th 10, 01:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

--
peter lounsberry

FYI:
http://www.banxico.gob.mx/sitioingle...xicanCoin.html

I don't see any current coins that are 29 mm. in diameter and 2.9 mm
thick. Yours are probably somewhat older. Weight and composition
(i.e., base metal, gold or silver) would be interesting to know.
Old March 18th 10, 06:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bland Allison[_2_]

peter lounsberry exclaimed
in news

Hi I collect Mexican coins and have a question for you. What is the
nickel based
coin that is 1.165 in diameter about.115 thick and has the words Tierra
Y Libertad
coined into the edge. Thanks for taking time out of your day to
anwswer.

Peter

It would have something to do with Zapata and the Army of the South.
Probably not Revolutionary coinage, but some medal from later on. Hard to
imagine Revolutionary mintings with edge lettering.

--
BA

"Qui hic mixerit aut cacarit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos."
Old March 18th 10, 06:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Mar 16, 2:05*pm, peter lounsberry peter.lounsberry.
wrote:
Hi I collect Mexican coins and have a question for you. What is the
nickel based
coin that is 1.165 in diameter about.115 thick and has the words Tierra
Y Libertad
coined into the edge. Thanks for taking time out of your day to
anwswer.

Peter

--
peter lounsberry

???

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...tbs%3Disch :1

Now that I have pasted this, I predict it won't work. DOH

oly
Old March 18th 10, 06:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

wrote:
Hi I collect Mexican coins and have a question for you. What is the
nickel based
coin that is 1.165 in diameter about.115 thick and has the words
Tierra Y Libertad
coined into the edge. Thanks for taking time out of your day to
anwswer.

Peter

--
peter lounsberry

???

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...tbs%3Disch :1

Now that I have pasted this, I predict it won't work. DOH

It works fine here, but the OP seems to have disappeared.

James the Gumshoe

Old March 18th 10, 10:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...dolibre.com.mx....

Now that I have pasted this, I predict it won't work. *DOH

oly

At 38 mm it is rather larger than the 1.165" diameter the OP
mentioned. Even so, it may help identify a group of coins that do
match.

Mexican Coin [email protected] Coins 3 February 29th 08 01:29 AM
Mexican Gold Coin Help Jim W Coins 2 March 2nd 04 04:21 AM
1892 Mexican Coin Ed Goldberg Coins 5 January 30th 04 02:46 PM
Mexican coin dealers in the US? Mark A. Behrens Coins 2 January 12th 04 11:32 PM
Mexican Coin ID Andrew Taylor Coins 3 August 18th 03 08:56 PM