Fake $2.00 bill - funny

Old December 25th 07, 02:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Bob

Default Fake $2.00 bill - funny

Subject: The $2 bill

On my way home from the second job I've taken
for the extra holiday cash I need, I stop at
Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat. In my
billfold are a $50 bill and a $2 bill. I
figure that with a $2 bill, I can get
something to eat and not have to worry about
people getting angry with me for trying to
break a large bill.

Me: "Hi, I'd like one seven layer burrito
please, to go."
Guy: "That'll be $1.04, eat here?"
Me: "No, it's to go."

At this point I open my billfold and hand him
the $2 bill. He looks at it kind of funny and...

Guy: "Uh, hang on a sec, I'll be right back."

He goes to talk to his manager, who is still
within earshot. The following conversation
occurs between the two of them:

Guy: "Hey, you ever see a $2 bill?"
Manager: "No. A what?"
Guy: "A $2 bill. This guy just gave it to me."
Manager: "Ask for something else, there's no
such thing as a $2 bill."
Guy: "Yeah, thought so."

He comes back to me and:

Guy: "We don't take these. Do you have anything
else?"
Me: "Just this fifty. You don't take $2 bills?
Why?"
Guy: "I don't know."
Me: "See here where it says legal tender?"
Guy: "Yeah."
Me: "So, shouldn't you take it?"
Guy: "Well, hang on a sec."

He goes back to his manager who is watching me
like I'm going to shoplift, and:

Guy: "He says I have to take it."
Manager: "Doesn't he have anything else?"
Guy: "Yeah, a fifty. I'll get it and you can
open the safe and get change."
Manager: "I'm not opening the safe with him in
here."
Guy: "What should I do?"
Manager: "Tell him to come back later when he
has real money."
Guy: "I can't tell him that, you tell him."
Manager: "Just tell him."
Guy: "No way, this is weird, I'm going in back."

The manager approaches me and:

Manager: "Sorry, we don't take big bills this
time of night." [It was 8 PM and this
particular Taco Bell is in a well-lighted indoor
mall with 100 other stores.]
Me: "Well, here's a two."
Manager: "We don't take those either."
Me: "Why not?"
Manager: "I think you know why."
Me: "No really, tell me, why?"
Manager: "Please leave before I call mall
security."
Me: "Excuse me?"
Manager: "Please leave before I call mall
security."
Me: "What on earth for?"
Manager: "Please, sir."
Me: "Uh, go ahead, call them."
Manager: "Would you please just leave?"
Me: "No."
Manager: "Fine, have it your way then."
Me: "No, that's Burger King, isn't it?"

At this point he backs away from me and
calls mall security on the phone around
the corner. I have two people staring at
me from the dining area, and I begin laughing
out loud, just for effect. A few minutes
later this 45-year-oldish guy comes in and:

Guard: "Yeah, Mike, what's up?" [at the other
end of counter, in a whisper]
Manager: "This guy is trying to give me some
... [pause] funny money."
Guard: "Really? What?"
Manager: "Get this, a two dollar bill."
Guard: "Why would a guy fake a $2 bill?"
[incredulous] Manager: "I don't know? He's kinda
weird. Says the only other thing he has is a fifty."
Guard: "So, the fifty's fake?"
Manager: "No, the $2 is."
Guard: "Why would he fake a $2 bill?"
Manager: "I don't know. Can you talk to him, and
get him out of here?" Guard: "Yeah..."

Security Guard walks over to me and:

Guard: "Mike here tells me you have some fake bills
you're trying to use."
Me: "Uh, no."
Guard: "Lemme see 'em."
Me: "Why?"
Guard: "Do you want me to get the cops in here?"

At this point I am ready to say, "Sure, Please!"
but I want to eat, so I say:

Me: "I'm just trying to buy a burrito and pay for
it with this $2 bill."

I put the bill up near his face, and he flinches
like I'm taking a swing at him. He takes the bill,
turns it over a few times in his hands, and says
Guard: "Mike, what's wrong with this bill?"
Manager: "It's fake."
Guard: "It doesn't look fake to me."
Manager: "But it's a $2 bill."
Guard: "Yeah?"
Manager: "Well, there's no such thing, is there?"

The security guard and I both look at him like
he's an idiot, and it dawns on the guy that he
has no clue.

My burrito was free and he threw in a small drink
and those cinnamon things, too. Makes me want to
get a whole stack of $2 bills just to see what
happens when I try to buy stuff.
If I got the right group of people, I could
probably end up in jail.

At least you get free food there.

Old December 25th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Fred Shecter

VERY OLD. From the dawn of USENET.

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/tacobell.asp

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

Join the Revolution:
http://www.sirius.com

Old December 27th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Daniel

Ha.......TRUE story...... I remember trying to spend some $2 bills at a
Pontiac, Michigan Old Country Buffet. The casher told me "we do not take $2
bills". The next day I called the manager of the restaurant up and the
only thing he said was - "Yes we do.... but, the cashier must have never
seen a $2 before". Anyway, I spend $2 bills all the time. And yes, they are
very much an "idiot finder" device as I have heard before.

Old December 30th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Ukraina Dvi

"Bob" wrote in message

I spend them all the time, I am in cahoots with one of the tellers in one of
my banks, she orders them from the Fed. Anyway, I have received several
comments lately from cashiers saying they are starting to see more and more
of them recently. Apparently they are starting to circulate a bit more,
which must be why we now have 2003A notes. I am seeing less of the 1976
series, and when they do come my way they are the worse for wear.

Old December 30th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Daniel

"Ukraina Dvi" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

I spend them all the time, I am in cahoots with one of the tellers in one
of my banks, she orders them from the Fed. Anyway, I have received
several comments lately from cashiers saying they are starting to see more
and more of them recently. Apparently they are starting to circulate a
bit more, which must be why we now have 2003A notes. I am seeing less of
the 1976 series, and when they do come my way they are the worse for wear.

Yes, in the Metro Detroit area I get the same comments from people - "you
are the 3rd person today that came in with a $2 bill". And yes, recently I
got 4 packs of used $2 bills, with pretty much over half being 1976 bills,
and very worn, with the majority of the other bills dated 1995.

Old January 2nd 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Padraic Brown

On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:16:32 -0500, "Squat"
wrote:

news:xrydnTh07pWpUuranZ2dnUVZ_sGvnZ2d@wideopenwes t.com...

"Bob" wrote in message

I spend them all the time, I am in cahoots with one of the tellers in one
of my banks, she orders them from the Fed. Anyway, I have received
several comments lately from cashiers saying they are starting to see
more and more of them recently. Apparently they are starting to
circulate a bit more, which must be why we now have 2003A notes. I am
seeing less of the 1976 series, and when they do come my way they are the
worse for wear.

Yes, in the Metro Detroit area I get the same comments from people - "you
are the 3rd person today that came in with a $2 bill". And yes, recently I
got 4 packs of used $2 bills, with pretty much over half being 1976 bills,
and very worn, with the majority of the other bills dated 1995.

Ok,
I'll relate this story again. This is personnel experience from a
bar/restaraunt on 35thst & 10th ave in Mahattan.
I'm sitting having a beer with fellows from work, a black man walks into the
bar and orders a drink and lays down a $20 on the bar. The 20 in question is
one of the older ones with the small Jackson head before the feds revamped
it. The waitress picks up the twenty, inspects it and hands it back and
tells the man it is fake. At this point, I almost choked on my beer. The
guy looks baffeled. The other bartender walks over, looks at the twnety and
asks if he has any other money. At this point, someone from work asked me a
question so I missed th rest of the exchange.
I never figured out if the waitress was ignorant or racist but it was the
first time I have ever seen someone reject one of the older US bills.

Impossible to say. You don't know several keys aspects to the
exchange, so we can only be left to *wildly* speculate.

I think it would be unfair to charge the woman with either racism or
ignorance without a *lot* more information. It may very well have been
fake. For all you know, it *could* have been a deuce with "20"s glued
on to the corners. Could have been an obvious copy from her close-up
perspective.

Padraic

Old April 5th 17, 05:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
brandon homan

This bills are not home made but industrial and professional manufacturing. From High
Quality IT techinicians from US,Russia,Korea and China We offer high quality COUNTERFEIT NOTES for the following currencies;

EUR - Euro
USD - US Dollar
DNR - DINAR
GBP - British Pound