Question about Ebay selling tactic

Old December 23rd 03, 04:46 AM
wunnuy

Default Question about Ebay selling tactic

I was just wondering, could someone tell me why people put "WOW" in
their heading? Are they so impressed with their two dollar card that
they have to share their excitement or is that some sort of selling
tactic? Does the word "Wow" actually attract customers or have some
sort of hypnotising effect on people that makes them want to bid on
the auction? Maybe the people are just trying to fill up the heading
space and in their limited vocabulary, "wow" was all they could come
up with. Either way, I almost want to avoid any auction that has this
in the heading just out of spite.
Old December 23rd 03, 12:54 PM
Johndaigle1

"WOW!!" what a post

Old December 23rd 03, 06:02 PM
Larry St. Cyr

It contributes the same as the word rare when used to describe a card
numbered to 999. LOL
"Johndaigle1" wrote in message
"WOW!!" what a post

Old December 24th 03, 05:00 AM
Stephan Lemonjello Jr.

I was just wondering, could someone tell me why people put "WOW" in
their heading?

I know why. It's because they don't have enough room for "LQQK!"
Old December 24th 03, 06:21 AM
Dan Aliperto-MN

I know why. It's because they don't have enough room for "LQQK!"

Or the even more attention getting version:

L@@K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Dan (TIC)
http://sportscardfun.com/trader/ideal0024.asp

"If a man hasn't discovered something he would die for, he isn't fit to live."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Baseball doesn't owe me a thing, I owe my whole life to baseball."
- Kirby Puckett
Old December 25th 03, 03:26 PM
MikeCouil

Well...it does have an effect, the same as putting estate in your title or
saying that these are abandoned cards from your dead father's uncle's
girlfriend's brother in law's great grand father. How that old man aqquired
500 1990 Topps cards is an amazing feat by itself, but these actions DO sell
cards.

Other things that annoy the **** out of me:

"HUGE collection" when it has 5 freaking cards
"No auto" just so that they can get the auto in on the search
"BCCG not PSA BGS SGC"
"Unsearched" --Always a warning sign that NOBODY pays attention to

Mike

Old December 30th 03, 06:08 PM
Rick Rottman

I think a lot of it has to do with folks not wanting to waste space in
their auction's description. Since they listed everything in the
description that needs to be listed, they simply insert a "wow" hoping
that it will make the difference.

Follow this link and you will see that not everything with the word
"wow" in it is junk.

http://tinyurl.com/3x5pf

There are some real jewels in there. Automatically ignoring auctions
with the word "wow" might not be a good idea.

- Rick

Needs More Cow Bell