Subway Stamp Shop - WTF?

Old December 14th 05, 05:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Default Subway Stamp Shop - WTF?

Not only is it ILLEGAL to demand more money after the sale is concluded,
but you got JEWED by the Goldbergs!!

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:37:47 -0500, Raff
wrote:
In article ,
Captain Infinity wrote:

After hearing good things about Dennison hinges and Subway Stamp Shop, I
used their internet sales service on buy 5 packs of hinges. The total
charge was $14.55. That was on November 7.

Yesterday, December 12, I got an email "receipt" telling me that they
had charged my credit card $0.90.

I wrote to them asking what they were charging me for. They replied:

Hi,

This email is to let you know that you were charged an additional .90 cents
due to a price increase on the Dennis's stamp hinges.

Thank you,
Deborah (Customer Service)

WTF? A month after the sale they decide the price is going up and
charge me again? I immediately called my credit card company who
informed me that this is illegal. The rep I spoke to said he had never
heard of this happening in the 12 years he's been working with MBNA.

Sure, 90 cents isn't much but are you kidding me? Has Subway ever done
this to anyone else on this board? You'd better believe that I'll never
buy from them again.

**
Captain Infinity

In regard to the hinges, do you find them satisfactory? I've read that
the Subway "Dennis's" hinges are a poor substitute for the late,
lamented Dennison hinges.

Raff

Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server
More than 140,000 groups
Unlimited download
Old December 14th 05, 06:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Frank Arthur wrote:
Not only is it ILLEGAL to demand more money after the sale is concluded,
but you got JEWED by the Goldbergs!!

WOW! Are you ever open for a flame job.
You can count on my support.

Ralphael, the OLD one.

Old December 15th 05, 06:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Perhaps you should go looking for a group with a name like rec.ethnicslurs -
this sort of language does not belong in a stamp collecting group. Ever.

Old December 15th 05, 11:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

"Ada Prill" wrote in message
Perhaps you should go looking for a group with a name like
rec.ethnicslurs - this sort of language does not belong in a stamp
collecting group. Ever.

Thanks, Ada. I hope you speak for virtually all of us.

Greg

Old December 18th 05, 07:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

There seems to be a lot of excusing by some of you, of the fact that
what Subway did, WAS ILLEGAL!!

That the word "jewed" was used as an explanation is seemingly correct,
according to the Oxford English Dictionary!

In other words, to use the vernacular, a shady practice!

That they only corrected what they call a 'mistake" after getting a
lot of flak from readers, when they should have corrected immediately
upon being notified by the victim, proves Virginia's hypocicy!

It wasn't just the amount that annoyed the victim, but also the way it
was done!!

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 18:50:15 -0500, "Greg Ioannou"
wrote:
. ..

Old December 20th 05, 10:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

You are seeing a deliberate offense where there was simply a mistake,
corrected almost immediately, not after widespread outcry.

Ethnic slurs, whether or not they have made it into a historical dictionary,
are inappropriate and offensive.

Ada

Old December 20th 05, 11:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace

Once Upon A Time Ada Prill wrote:

You are seeing a deliberate offense where there was simply a mistake,
corrected almost immediately, not after widespread outcry.

The problem has been corrected, thank you. However, there is no
question but that the extra charge was deliberate, as evidenced by the
email I received after I asked what it was for. A "price increase" was
the explanation--a month after the original purchase.

The big mistake was in sending me an email "receipt" after the charge.
If I had not been notified thusly I probably would have just glanced at
the extra charge on my Credit Card statement and wondered what it was
for, but I would have recognized Subway as someone I had done business
with and probably just shrugged it off. They'd be far more likely to
"get away with it" if they did not notify their customers that extra
charges were being made.

Ethnic slurs, whether or not they have made it into a historical dictionary,
are inappropriate and offensive.

I agree. This has nothing to do with ethnicity. Sloppy business
practices? Questionable ethics? Perhaps. But not ethnicity.

Anyway, the situation has been rectified. Can we all just let it drop?
And who decided to crosspost this to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace?

**
Captain Infinity
..."That robot reminds me of you: tell it to stop, it turns.
Tell it to turn, it stops. Tell it to take out the garbage,
it watches reruns of Firefly." --"Bones"