Fun Show 2010 - New Location in 2011?

Old January 18th 10, 11:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Nick Knight

Default Fun Show 2010 - New Location in 2011?

Went to the FUN show, well, what was a little over a week ago now. I was in
Naples "on vacation" anyway and planned on traveling to Orlando for a day
and an overnight. With the cold and rain on Saturday, we ended up spending
most of that day there, too. Almost 2 full days!

Friday was great, in hindsight. I was able to access easily the dealers I
wanted and browse freely. Saturday was much busier and more zoo-like. The
good news was/is: lots of women and kids. I don't know if this was unusual
or not, as I tend to hit shows on weekdays, when possible, vacating by the
weekend. Saturday was much worse for browsing, but obviously(?) better for
the dealers.

Next year's show apparently will be in Tampa. That actually works better if
I end up vacationing again in Naples (1 hour closer), but I thought Orlando
was a great place for this event. Does anyone know why it is moving? Who's
got the skinny?

Nick
Old January 19th 10, 12:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Nick Knight wrote:
[...]

According to an editorial by David C. Harper in the February 2010 number of
World Coin News, the "Orange County Convention Center location will be taken
over entirely by a home builders show in 2011."

James

Old January 19th 10, 12:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

In article ,
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Nick Knight wrote:

[snip]
Next year's show apparently will be in Tampa. That actually works
better if I end up vacationing again in Naples (1 hour closer), but I
thought Orlando was a great place for this event. Does anyone know
why it is moving? Who's got the skinny?

According to an editorial by David C. Harper in the February 2010 number of
World Coin News, the "Orange County Convention Center location will be taken
over entirely by a home builders show in 2011."

This won't be the first time FUN had to move ... it relocated to Tampa
once before (in the 1990's) and to Fort Lauderdale in 2005, both times I
believe due to OCCC reconstruction ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics email:
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old January 19th 10, 01:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael G. Koerner

Ken Barr wrote:
In article ,
"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

Nick Knight wrote:

[snip]
Next year's show apparently will be in Tampa. That actually works
better if I end up vacationing again in Naples (1 hour closer), but I
thought Orlando was a great place for this event. Does anyone know
why it is moving? Who's got the skinny?

According to an editorial by David C. Harper in the February 2010 number of
World Coin News, the "Orange County Convention Center location will be taken
over entirely by a home builders show in 2011."

This won't be the first time FUN had to move ... it relocated to Tampa
once before (in the 1990's) and to Fort Lauderdale in 2005, both times I
believe due to OCCC reconstruction ...

Several major trade shows have been fleeing the onerous conditions, especially
local union work rules, at McCormick Place in Chicago over the past year or so
and ISTR that Orlando is one of the places that one or more of those shows
have been fleeing to.

--
___________________________________________ ____ _______________
Regards, | |\ ____
Michael G. Koerner May they | | | | | | rise again!
Appleton, Wisconsin USA | | | | | |
Old January 19th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jan 18, 6:28*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Nick Knight wrote:
[...]

James- Hide quoted text -

Banking on a home builders' show in Florida two years from now???
Some convention center manager better be certain to have a large,
large non-refundable deposit.

oly