Common Cents

Old January 7th 10, 10:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob-tx

Default Common Cents

I am sure none of the people on here will have a problem with this
little
test. But, you may want to send it to non-collectors.
Bob-tx

Pick the correct Penny

I cannot believe how many people did not choose
the correct one!
Take a look, and see if you can choose the right
penny. No cheating;
do not look at a real penny first. I know you've
seen a real one!
See if you can pick the correct one here.
Click on the line below to take the test..
Click on the common cents below.
Common Cents

Old January 7th 10, 02:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Bob-tx" wrote in message
. ..

I am sure none of the people on here will have a problem with this little
test. But, you may want to send it to non-collectors.
Bob-tx

Pick the correct Penny

I cannot believe how many people did not choose the
correct one!
Take a look, and see if you can choose the right penny.
No cheating;
do not look at a real penny first. I know you've seen a
real one!
See if you can pick the correct one here.
Click on the line below to take the test..
Click on the common cents below.
Common Cents

Guess I was too late. Someone apparently snatched up all the pennies before
I could take the test.

Old January 7th 10, 06:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob-tx

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Bob-tx" wrote in message
. ..

I am sure none of the people on here will have a problem with
this little
test. But, you may want to send it to non-collectors.
Bob-tx

Pick the correct Penny

I cannot believe how many people did not choose
the correct one!
Take a look, and see if you can choose the right
penny. No cheating;
do not look at a real penny first. I know
you've seen a real one!
See if you can pick the correct one here.
Click on the line below to take the test..
Click on the common cents below.
Common Cents

Guess I was too late. Someone apparently snatched up all the
pennies before I could take the test.

Wow, I sure goofed. So with apologies, here is the link.
Bob-tx

http://www.exploratorium.edu/exhibit...nts/index.html

Old January 7th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bones

Can I be the first to point out that none of the images is correct.

The US coin is a "cent." A penny is associated with British, a few
other nations, coinage.

Yeah, yeah -- you all know this. But someone was going to write it,
and I wanted to be the first this time.

Old January 7th 10, 08:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Bones" wrote in message
Can I be the first to point out that none of the images is correct.

The US coin is a "cent." A penny is associated with British, a few
other nations, coinage.

Yeah, yeah -- you all know this. But someone was going to write it,
and I wanted to be the first this time.

If we had one, I'd nominate you for the award for "First in the war to
promote common cents, first in posting the penny piece, and first in the
hearts of Americans who know their numismatic factoids." :-)