any info

Old June 18th 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default any info

Hello all,
any info about this?

http://cjoint.com/?gsfPKRvTI5

regards,
Pedro
Old June 18th 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_4_]

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009 05:42:25 +0200, Pedro wrote:

Hello all,
any info about this?

http://cjoint.com/?gsfPKRvTI5

Sure. It's in Scott, #2930, issued 24 August 1990, 2008 c.v. $1.50

Was there something specific?

--
Joshua H. McGee
San Marino, Los Angeles, California, USA, Earth
Old June 18th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

I wanted to know if it was a real stamp and its value. The Scott reference
you've provided has been of help to me. I thought it was a cinderella.

Thank you very much,
Pedro

Old June 18th 09, 08:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default N. Korea stamps, 1990. Was: any info

"Pedro" wrote in message ...
http://cjoint.com/?gsfPKRvTI5
I wanted to know if it was a real stamp and its value. The Scott
reference you've provided has been of help to me. I thought it was a
cinderella.

It is not a cinderella but a product designated to be sold abroad, in
exchange for hard currency. This explains the extensive texts in Italian and
such delicacies for the topical collectors like the ball, Italia 90, Europa
90 and the painting of the Chipson Peak. It commemorates the international
stamp exhibition Riccione '90. Korea N. Mi. 3127 (Block 247). 0.80 Euro
used.

In 1990 North Korea issued 27 sets and sheets, with a total of 89 pieces.

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old June 18th 09, 09:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

North Korea Pedro,
I would have advised you only my 1990 Gibbons catalogue runs out of numbers
at 1986.

FYI
http://cjoint.com/data/gskoXpNqPb.htm

There are very few Korean Cinderellas I know of,
one from 1879
with what can only be called "pinking shears" roulette.
http://cjoint.com/data/gskqQfWV8Z.htm

Old June 19th 09, 08:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Jun 18, 6:18 pm, "rodney" wrote:

There are very few Korean Cinderellas I know of,
one from 1879
with what can only be called "pinking shears" roulette.http://cjoint.com/data/gskqQfWV8Z.htm

Rodney, how do you make out the 1879 and Korea? It seems to me to be
a pure fantasy label: the 'script' doesn't resemble anything I know
of.

Tony
Old June 19th 09, 10:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

G'day Tony,
http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll/collection.htm

navigate down left hand pane to Korea

or

http://cjoint.com/data/gtlOseA71R.htm

The way I translate this, the cinderellas are "artists impressions" of Mr.
Melville's weeds.

Old June 19th 09, 11:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

It seems to me to be a pure fantasy label:

Fantasy's are a sub genus of Cinderella.
along with
Local posts,
exhibition labels
bogus issues,
forgeries,
fakes, etc etc.

My current list is over 8 foolscap pages long.
....endless.

Old June 19th 09, 11:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Romanian cinderella. Was: any info

"rodney" wrote in message

G'day Tony,
http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll/collection.htm

Interesting pages, thanks!

I could find on these site the cinderella issued by the Romanian exile.
Unfortunately, many of those "fighters for liberty" were former Romanian
fascists. The last two stamps on the page:

http://www.cinderellas.info/wittcoll...s/107423.4.jpg

commemorate two of them, perished in Spain. More on my page:

http://www.marci-postale.com/History...ip/fascism.htm

--
Victor Manta

Old June 19th 09, 12:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jun 19, 6:12*am, "rodney" wrote:
It seems to me to be a pure fantasy label:

Fantasy's are a sub genus of Cinderella.
along with
Local posts,
exhibition labels
bogus issues,
forgeries,
fakes, etc etc.

My current list is over 8 foolscap pages long.
...endless.

So this is a forgery, of a bogus Korean issue, printed in France.

Blair