i wanna sell used books

Old May 10th 08, 08:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default i wanna sell used books

Hi all! Im thinking of opening my own used bookstore, and im trying to
find out all the different (and best) ways to procure quality stock at
cheap prices. Are there any second hand booksellers out there who
could tell me where they get all their books from?
Old May 10th 08, 03:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RPN

On May 10, 2:04*am, wrote:
Hi all! Im thinking of opening my own used bookstore, and im trying to
find out all the different (and best) ways to procure quality stock at
cheap prices. Are there any second hand booksellers out there who
could tell me where they get all their books from?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...18c7987aea5ef5

RPN
Old May 11th 08, 04:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On May 10, 12:04*am, wrote:
Hi all! Im thinking of opening my own used bookstore, and im trying to
find out all the different (and best) ways to procure quality stock at
cheap prices. Are there any second hand booksellers out there who
could tell me where they get all their books from?

The key to success has much to with being selective,
not with simply buying a lot of books. In fact, I suspect
that in most parts of the U. S., you could put an add in
Craig's list that you were paying cash for books and
people would flock in with car and truckloads. They
would bring you thousands upon thousands
of books, but most of them would be the wrong books
to buy. I had one bricks-and-mortar used book dealer
tell me that he would be surprised if he buys on average
one book out of fifteen that people walk in with and try
to sell. That may certainly be one important reason he
is still in business while many used book sellers in the
vicinity have gone out of business the past few years.
In short, it is easy to get a lot of books fast. It is far
harder to get the books you can sell easily at a price
which will keep you in business.

[Memo from the upstairs office.]