Rupert Murdoch to hold fund raiser for Hillary Clinton

Old May 12th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Rupert Murdoch to hold fund raiser for Hillary Clinton

Jerry Dennis wrote:

All of Congress seems to think that they can tax everyone to pay for
all of their "we know better than you" programs that don't do anything
for this country, except to help their individual locales. The well is
running dry. We'd all be a lot better off without 99-44/100 of
government interference.

What's so funny about this is that exactly the opposite is
happening--taxes are being cut, "discretionary" expenses such as
"we know better than you" programs are being drastically cut,
military expenses are skyrocketing, the deficit continues in the
hundreds of billions so the national debt is climbing and interest
on the debt is climbing.
I'll admit that the "highway" bill qualifies as pork, but
beyond that almost everything else is being cut--student loans,
veterans programs, you name it. And I suppose you could call the
Iraq war a "we know better than you" program too.

Old May 12th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Vector wrote, in part:

On 11 May 2006 19:35:36 -0700, "Jerry Dennis"
wrote, in part:

rantage snipped

All of Congress seems to think that they can tax everyone to pay for
all of their "we know better than you" programs that don't do anything
for this country, except to help their individual locales.

So fond of criticizing "tax and spend" democrats ... even though they
do manage to balance the budget. Better than "borrow and spend"
republicans, if you ask me.

Just a minor point, my friend. Conservative, though I may be, you
missed that I said ALL of Congress (Dems and Reps alike). The bottom
line is I put Congress-critters in the same league as lawyers, used
care salesmen, credit card companies, insurance companies, and (to some
degree) bankers. They're all, well, you get the idea.

If I earn $2,000 shingling a roof, why should I send as much as $1,000
to various governments (Fed, State and local) when NONE OF THEM showed
up to haul a single bundle of shingles up there? If you earn it, you
should be able to keep it.

Okay, I'm done. NEXT! :-)

Jerry

Old May 12th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 11 May 2006 21:09:45 -0700, "Jerry Dennis"
wrote:

Vector wrote, in part:

Just a minor point, my friend. Conservative, though I may be, you
missed that I said ALL of Congress (Dems and Reps alike).

Actually, I did catch that, after re-reading a few minutes later. I
admit, I posted in haste. On this point of yours, I we can be in
agreement. Although, due to the fact that all three branches are
currently controlled by Neocons & Theocons, there is a "culture of
corruption" present. I won't deny the fact that if all three branches
were controlled by liberals the same may be the case. Absolute power
corrupts absolutely.

Old May 12th 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Vector wrote:
On 11 May 2006 07:33:58 -0700, "
wrote:

I am reminded of my grandfather and his brother, one of whom was a
fanatic Democrat, the other a fanatic Republican. At least in public.
In private both stated that they would vote for the best candidate,
regardless of party. Always interesting to hear from people like vector
who have a different view.

I understand your implication, but reject it as it would apply to me.
I would have no problem voting for a Republican, if there was ever one
who I wanted to see elected. I vote, religiously ... and have done so
for the past 34 years. In that time, I voted for one Republican in a
local County Commission race. The Democratic candidate was
abominable.

I agree whole-heartedly. Unfortunately, with the choices we're given
in any election, it comes down to the lesser of two evils. Truth is,
in the 2000 election, I didn't like GW, bit I liked Gore less. Some
choice.

Jerry
Okay, last time, I'm done. :-)