1958 Seeburg 161 - correct cabinet finish?

Old May 29th 12, 07:22 PM
suite67 suite67 is offline
Junior Member

Default 1958 Seeburg 161 - correct cabinet finish?

I'm new to the jukebox scene but just acquired a 1958 Seeburg 161. Although it was treated rough, I cant wait to get it restored and have a few questions:

1. What kind of finish is correct for the wood side panel? The original wood is there, but was painted blue so will need to be refinished. The remainder of the cabinet, glass, etc. is in good condition.

2. Does anyone make a replacement grille mesh for this model? Someone drilled two holes in mine.

3. This box is going to be a challenge since the amp, speakers, etc. were removed by an idiot with wire cutters. Any suggestions on where to acquire the amp, rear door, and other critical parts? Or will other models interchange?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.
Old June 17th 12, 07:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
JimL[_2_]

I believe the original wood finish was a light blonde ash, but you go with any veneer or color you want.
2 holes in the mesh The 161 had a pair of Cadillac style taillights in front of the speaker, are you sure you're not missing those?

for the amp, and other missing parts, watch Ebay, or try any of the parts resellers
Jukebox junkyard
http://www.jukeboxga.com

Durfee

http://www.jukeboxparts.com/

Victory Glass
victoryglass.com

Victory sella the manuals as well as reproduced parts.

Good Luck, I am picking up a 161 this weekend.

Jim

Seeburg 161 NJ Mike Juke Boxes 0 October 1st 07 03:34 AM
FS: Seeburg 161 & Seeburg 222 in Washington psapinball Juke Boxes 0 March 14th 07 05:08 PM
Seeburg 161 Bob Juke Boxes 0 November 5th 03 12:05 PM
Seeburg 161 Graphics and cabinet veneer Jeff Dieterle Juke Boxes 0 July 9th 03 02:28 AM
AMI 'F' cabinet finish??? Philip Nasadowski Juke Boxes 5 July 7th 03 02:51 PM