1953 Seeburg HF100G not making selections

Old May 24th 11, 12:11 AM
DaysGoneBy DaysGoneBy is offline
Junior Member

Default 1953 Seeburg HF100G not making selections

I have tryed cleaning everything and nothing will work. I get credit then go to make a selection, the buttons ingage then I get a load hum from the credit unit. I have checked and cleaned all connections. Any help would be great! I am also working without a manual.
Old May 24th 11, 06:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Rob in NYC[_2_]

Your low voltage DC rectifier is likely shot. Its in the selection
receiver and is a stack of (probably) gray fins. It can be replaced
with any bridge that can handle atleast 5 amps and 50 volts. The
larger- the better. Rat Shack still has them. Remember that the +
connection goes to chassis ground.

Try here for a schematic of your unit:
http://www.verntisdale.com/Seeburgschem.htm

BTW: I hope your amp has been rebuilt. If not It's best not to try
using it as the capacitors will all need replacing and they can damage
the amp.

Rob

--
DaysGoneBy