The Queen of Moonee Ponds.

Old June 17th 09, 12:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Default The Queen of Moonee Ponds.

....and her spectacle maker's inspiration.

"Long live the Queen"

http://cjoint.com/data/grbMPusSuV.htm

(She is from Melbourne you know ;-)

Old June 17th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
John Ray[_4_]

rodney wrote:
...and her spectacle maker's inspiration.

"Long live the Queen"

http://cjoint.com/data/grbMPusSuV.htm

(She is from Melbourne you know ;-)

You have to laugh!

--
John Ray
Old June 17th 09, 12:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

And so what if she is from Melbourne, Rodney? Do I detect an
implication there?

Anyway, I liked her Sydney Opera House frames better, I think. But I
suppose we mustn't hold our cultural icons up to hatred, ridicule &
contempt on postage stamps.

Tony of the Antipathies

Old June 17th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

"Asia-translation"
And so what if she is from Melbourne, Rodney? Do I detect an
implication there?

Oh?
No, Tony
any implication would have me suggest
people over there are very talented, present company included.

I saw "Her Majesty" at the Subiaco theatre, many years ago, I was sitting
half way back
and managed to grasp a Gladioli.
It was a very unenjoyable evening however, I spent the evening in abject
terror
that she would spot me and have me on stage.

I ansolutely adore Sir Les Paterson most however, the finess, the culture,
the mere
presence of mature respectability is something that has always inspired me,
and set a standard for me to achieve.

Old June 18th 09, 08:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Barry was feared and loathed at his old school for many years.
Fifteen years later, when I went through with his youngest brother,
Michael, Michael still copped the backwash, and was persecuted
terribly because of Barry.

Old June 18th 09, 09:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rodney

Interesting......

"Asia-translation"
Barry was feared and loathed at his old school for many years.
Fifteen years later, when I went through with his youngest brother,
Michael, Michael still copped the backwash, and was persecuted
terribly because of Barry.

rodney wrote:
and have me on stage.

I hope you realise there was no sexual reference there.

Old June 19th 09, 08:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

On Jun 18, 6:05 pm, "rodney" wrote:
I hope you realise there was no sexual reference there.

Reason totters on her throne ...