2006 Austrian Niobium / Silver Bi-Metallic - RSM soon to sell out

Old May 6th 06, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 2006 Austrian Niobium / Silver Bi-Metallic - RSM soon to sell out

I decided to grab one of these cool coins, before dealers ran out of them.
So I ordered one from the RSM in Utah. They limit them to one per person.
Period. They had 10 left in stock and probably won't get any more. Now they
have 9 in stock. About $65.00 all-in shipped. Face value is 25 Euros (the
Euro is currently clobbering the Dollar, 1 Euro = US$1.27 at today's
exchange rate. It's been steadily rising against the dropping dollar the
past couple months..) ..

In case anyone out there wanted one and forgot, you can still get them from
the RSM. Austria started issuing these Niobium / Silver ringed bi-metallics
a few years ago. Each year the center core of Niobium is a different color
(interesting metal - it changes colors depending how hot it is heated).. and
the mintage on these things is pretty low. This year's theme on the coin is
Satellite communications. These are the only Euros I buy except for the sets
from Monaco / San Marino / The Vatican and you don't have to get on any
special subscription list to get these. They don't skyrocket in value like
the sets from those three tiny countries do, but they do hold their value
and go up after a while. I just think they're cool and the Austrian Mint's
packaging is classy too.

Anyway, if you want one at that price, act fast because there aren't many
left.

Harv

Old May 6th 06, 11:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Harv wrote:

This year's theme on the coin is Satellite communications. These are the
only Euros I buy except for the sets from Monaco / San Marino / The
Vatican and you don't have to get on any special subscription list to get
these.

When the first of those niobium pieces came out, in blue and with the
Tyrol Guldiner coin (or rather die), I found that pretty cool. A coin
theme, and a blue piece! The subsequent issues, well, at least this new
issue is a better theme than television. Now that the first Galileo
satellite is up in the skies, this is quite interesting ... except for
this year's color maybe. ;-)

Another interesting euro theme has just been presented yesterday. Next
year several euro mints will issue €2 "Treaty of Rome" commems that all
basically have the same design:
http://ec.europa.eu/comm/avservices/...en.cfm?id=1024

Here is a larger image of the coin (or rather pattern - the English text
on top would be replaced by the languages of the participating
countries, and the words "Issuing Country" will _not_ appear like that
on the pieces g):
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/2703/2e20072dj.jpg

Don't know yet which mints take part in this thing, and from a
collector's point of view this program may be a little dull. But if
these commems actually circulate, that would be neat ...

Christian
Old May 6th 06, 01:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Harv" wrote in message
[...]

The first coin in this series could be considered the 2001 Transportation,
100-Schilling coin and it was
Titanium and Silver as was the 2002 Communications coin. Then they started
the Niobium
in 2003 celebrating 700 Jahre Stadt Hall in Tirol and it is a 25-Euro coin.
I suspose the Niobium coins are a seperate series; I don't really know.

Euro collections international list them like a seperat series. I haven't
looked in any catalogues to see
how they are grouped.

Whatever, I have the 2001, don't have the 2002, have the 2003,
2004, 2005 and didn't order the 2006. I think 2005 is a good place to end
my Austrian
collection. Don't know if I can successufully hold with that decision :-)

Dale

Old May 8th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Ο "Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...

"Harv" wrote in message
[...]

It was 2000 Communications and 2001 Transportation Dale, there was no
bimetallic coin in year 2002 in this series:-)

Then they started the Niobium
in 2003 celebrating 700 Jahre Stadt Hall in Tirol and it is a 25-Euro
coin.
I suspose the Niobium coins are a seperate series; I don't really know.

Well, I collect them as a single series:
http://snipurl.com/q4e3
IMHO the 2003 blue Stadt Hall Niob coin is by far the best of the series,
artistically/aesthetically speaking...

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old May 8th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"gogu" wrote in message
Ο "Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net έγραψε στο μήνυμα
m...
The first coin in this series could be considered the 2001
Transportation,
100-Schilling coin and it was
Titanium and Silver as was the 2002 Communications coin.

It was 2000 Communications and 2001 Transportation Dale, there was no
bimetallic coin in year 2002 in this series:-)

You are correct!
Dale

[...]

:-)

Dale

Old May 10th 06, 09:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

gogu wrote:

Well, I collect them as a single series:
http://snipurl.com/q4e3

Guess there are good reasons for either decision: You can include the
Ag/Ti coins since they are bimetallic, and you can start with "Hall"
since the Ag/Nb coins have those colored pills. :-)

By the way, this year Luxembourg also issued a silver/titanium coin (150
years Luxembourg Savings Bank):
http://www.honscha.de/bilder/10lu06g.jpg

Nice design (the square/street view, that is), but pretty expensive ...

Christian
Old May 11th 06, 12:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

? "Christian Feldhaus" ?????? ??? ??????
gogu wrote:

Well, I collect them as a single series:
http://snipurl.com/q4e3

Guess there are good reasons for either decision: You can include the
Ag/Ti coins since they are bimetallic, and you can start with "Hall"
since the Ag/Nb coins have those colored pills. :-)

:-)
My decision was to collect them as a country, so I had to include the first
two issues, too.

By the way, this year Luxembourg also issued a silver/titanium coin (150
years Luxembourg Savings Bank):
http://www.honscha.de/bilder/10lu06g.jpg

Nice design (the square/street view, that is), but pretty expensive ...

Indeed but I am not really in the bi-metallic collection so I wouldn't like
to start collecting yet another country...
Austria and Uk are enough for me:-)

Old May 12th 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 5 May 2006 19:54:23 -0500, Harv wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I have all the Austrian niobiums. Cool set. Latvia issued a similar
bimetallic in 2004 with blue niobium.

Al

Old May 12th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Alan Grund" wrote in message
[...]

Latvia issued it but it was minted in Vienna.

Dale

ud 2004 ft Jean-Marie Bιland Hockey 0 February 28th 04 12:46 PM
UD 2 YG for Trade or sale oskaramerica On Ebay Hockey 1 February 20th 04 12:25 PM
ud 2004 set 1 and 2 ft Jean-Marie Bιland Hockey 0 February 19th 04 01:39 PM
HUGE LIST PART II! 66% to 75% OFF BOOK VALUE Rose Hockey 0 December 28th 03 02:49 PM
looking for 02-03 Topps Chrome commons TJMichalak Hockey 0 December 18th 03 09:01 PM