1959 AMI J200 price range please

Old May 18th 05, 12:55 AM
flashbk13

Default 1959 AMI J200 price range please

Hi All,
What is the price range for a a very nice 1959 AMI J200? Chrome and
cabinet redone, needs mechanical work (but does play with help ).
Thank you, Rick.

Old May 18th 05, 01:50 AM
flashbk13

I forgot to ask how reliable these are? Thanks again, Rick.

Old May 18th 05, 11:07 AM
Keith Stelter

If it's 100% working I would say that it's worth up to $2500.00.
They are fairly unreliable compared to Seeburgs or Wurlitzers of the same
time period. If it needs some help to play right now it could have timing
problems with the wipers that control the mech. It's pretty complicated and
hard to get set right.
What exactly does it do or not do.
It also might be something simple like the selection pins in the back
sticking and needing to be cleaned.
"flashbk13" wrote in message
oups.com...
I forgot to ask how reliable these are? Thanks again, Rick.

Old May 18th 05, 09:41 PM
flashbk13

Thanks Keith for the reply. i'm told it may be a problem with the pulse
converter circuit, but seller is not sure. If I get it, i'll know
better. Rick.

Old May 18th 05, 09:43 PM
flashbk13

Is it worth $800-900 as described above? Thanks again, Rick.

Old May 19th 05, 01:42 AM
Keith Stelter

That's what I was talking about, but I didn't want to use too much technical
jargon in case you didn't know anything about jukes.
They are VERY tough to get set up correctly if they get out of whack!
oups.com...

Old May 19th 05, 01:46 AM
Keith Stelter

If you think that you can fix it yourself then go for it at that price. The
ONLY mechanical device that I have ever given up on before I could get it
repaired 100% was an AMI K200 with a screwed up pulse converter. I might
have been able to get it if it would have been my own juke and I had
unlimited time to mess with it, but it was a repair for a customer and they
started hounding me after 2 weeks and I told them that I couldn't fix it and
to come and get it.
I have repaired several H, I, J, and K pulse units, but they were all hard
to get fixed correctly.
"flashbk13" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it worth $800-900 as described above? Thanks again, Rick.

Old May 19th 05, 03:15 AM
Bob E.

Keith Stelter wrote:

That's what I was talking about, but I didn't want to use too much technical
jargon in case you didn't know anything about jukes.
They are VERY tough to get set up correctly if they get out of whack!

Is that the system that basically treated the keyboard as a wallbox,
and ran all keyed selections through the pulse converter? Sounds like
an extra layer of complexity, but I bet they make a neat sound whenever
you select a song! --Bob

Bob Ellingson
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)