Dealers in Dayton, Ohio area?

Old September 29th 03, 02:18 PM
/\\/\\ark

Default Dealers in Dayton, Ohio area?

Anyone know of any good coin dealers in the Dayton/Fairborn Ohio area? I
will be heading up there for a meeting later this week and would like to
hunt down some coins if the opportunity arises.

Thanks in advance,

/\/\ark

Old September 29th 03, 02:26 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:18:21 -0500, "/\\/\\ark" is alleged
to have written:

Anyone know of any good coin dealers in the Dayton/Fairborn Ohio area? I
will be heading up there for a meeting later this week and would like to
hunt down some coins if the opportunity arises.

Thanks in advance,

/\/\ark

Sure.

Dixie Coin and Stamps on South Dixie Drive and Centerville coin and Jewelry
connection. Dixie sells mostly collector coins in the under $100 (mostly under
50) range, Centerville sells higher dollar coins as well.

Bruce

Old September 29th 03, 06:22 PM
/\\/\\ark

Thanks, Bruce! I do not know the area very well. Are either of them near
Wright-Patterson?

Thanks again,

/\/\ark

Old September 29th 03, 06:50 PM
Dr. Richard L. Hall

I seem to remember one named Crossroads Coin or something similar. It was
about halfway between the airport and Wright-Patt. I think they also sold
guns. They did have a large number of cases with some very nice coins,
reasonably priced. I found them by looking in the phone book. This one
wasn't far from my hotel. I bought a flying eagle cent from them.

Old September 29th 03, 07:45 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:22:58 -0500, "/\\/\\ark" is alleged
to have written:

Thanks, Bruce! I do not know the area very well. Are either of them near
Wright-Patterson?

Thanks again,

/\/\ark

Near, no. It's about a 20 minute drive from WPAFB for either. But not horribly
inconvenient either. To get to Dixie, take Woodman/Harshman (same road,
different name depending on where you are and it runs right pas the Air force
Museum) south to route 35W. Take 35W to I-75S. In about a mile, there's an exit
for 741/Springboro pk. Take 741 South. A couple of miles down that road after a
large auto plant, you'll encounter a complicated intersection labeled Dixie
drive. Turn right, Dixie coin is in the small strip mall on your right perhaps
100 feet from the intersection. They run a bidboard that closes every tuesday
that occasionally has interesting stuff. 937-294-0601

To get to Centerville Coin, Take 35 to 75S again, but this time stay on the
highway to the 725 exit. Take 725 E to Centerville. 725 will turn into franklin
St just before you reach Centerville, their shop is at 38W franklin St.
937-436-3003.

If you think you might have a free evening, we might get together for a beer.

.. .

Old September 29th 03, 07:50 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On 29 Sep 2003 17:50:33 GMT, "Dr. Richard L. Hall" is alleged
to have written:

I seem to remember one named Crossroads Coin or something similar. It was
about halfway between the airport and Wright-Patt. I think they also sold
guns. They did have a large number of cases with some very nice coins,
reasonably priced. I found them by looking in the phone book. This one
wasn't far from my hotel. I bought a flying eagle cent from them.

Oops, forgot crossroads coin. To get to them, take 35 to 75N. Take the route 40
exit toward Vandalia (west). Route 40 turns into National Road and they are at
344E National Rd. 937-898-5374. Still about 20 minutes.

Don't forget to see the Air Force Museum. If art interests you, the Dayton art
Institute is very worthwhile. if you se both of those things, you should never
have to come to Dayton again. ;-)

Bruce

Old October 1st 03, 02:15 PM
John Stone

"/\\/\\ark" wrote in message ...
Anyone know of any good coin dealers in the Dayton/Fairborn Ohio area? I
will be heading up there for a meeting later this week and would like to
hunt down some coins if the opportunity arises.

Thanks in advance,

/\/\ark

I remember more than 20 years ago a coin shop in a huge two
story shopping mall in the Dayton area. Was just passing through at the time
but with the turnover rate with large malls I suspect it has been gone for a long
time now.

Polly Pockets with Dolls & Other PP Items F S Sue from NY General 0 August 28th 03 05:54 PM
Polly Pockets with Dolls & Other PP Items FS Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 28th 03 05:51 PM
CPK Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 19th 03 04:12 AM
CPK Items For Sale!!! Disregard Below - Sorry Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 08:48 PM
Polly Pockets Inside Assorted Items For Sale Sue from NY Dolls 0 August 8th 03 06:37 PM