TECH: NSM firebird cd player

Old December 16th 08, 09:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dirk

Default TECH: NSM firebird cd player

I've had my NSM firebird for 3 years now and suddenly the cd player
cannot read some cd's I started fiddling with the potmeters on the
small board below the CDM-4 however now it doesn't recognise any
cd's!!!! At first some cd's had this screaching noice when searching
now the cd's turns from left to right it cannot focus any more.

I've had this problem 3 years ago however I cannot remember how I
fixed it it had to do with the setting of the 4 potmeters can somebody
please check what the resistance on theirs is. I think I really messed
up my jukebox. Besides I have a big party coming up this weekend and I
really want the juke to work.

Please can somebody help me.
Old December 26th 09, 02:04 AM
enter_mick enter_mick is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
I've had my NSM firebird for 3 years now and suddenly the cd player
cannot read some cd's I started fiddling with the potmeters on the
small board below the CDM-4 however now it doesn't recognise any
cd's!!!! At first some cd's had this screaching noice when searching
now the cd's turns from left to right it cannot focus any more.

I've had this problem 3 years ago however I cannot remember how I
fixed it it had to do with the setting of the 4 potmeters can somebody
please check what the resistance on theirs is. I think I really messed
up my jukebox. Besides I have a big party coming up this weekend and I
really want the juke to work.

Please can somebody help me.

dont touch the trim pots these control radial offset laser current spindal speed
changes are before you touch it laser was end of life near 15 years old
need to look up HAPPcontrols and orginize a cdm4/36 to cp pro conversion kit