It was love at first sight!

Old November 12th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

Default It was love at first sight!

Howdy, friends!

I went to a local coin show yesterday and bought a few common items. I was
about to leave, but then decided to make "one last round" before heading for
the door. I'm sure glad that I did. I don't really collect foreign coins,
though I have a few of them from here and there. At one of the tables, my
eye fell on a coin that I had never before seen the likes of, and when the
gentleman told me what he wanted for it and said "Deal, or no deal?", I said
"Deal!" It is a 1976 U.S. Bicentennial 20 Crowns coin from the Turks and
Caicos Islands. I wish you could see the toning "in hand", as it is really
stunning! An added bonus is that it bears the edge inscription "Redeemable
at Turks and Caicos for U.S. Currency." Have a peek and see whatcha think
of my new acquisition.

http://www.freshonmymind.com/turks/

Amistad
'happiness in the hobby -- it's great to experience!'

Old November 12th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ian

Amistad wrote:
[...]

Congrats on discovering that coin. Looks like the toning would be
`interesting' to the eye.

Here's my one:

http://omnicoin.com/coins/909807.jpg

Ian
Old November 13th 06, 08:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Ian" stopped by and made the observation:
Congrats on discovering that coin. Looks like the toning would be
`interesting' to the eye.

Here's my one:

http://omnicoin.com/coins/909807.jpg

Ian

These are indeed some very attractive coins. Thank you for sharing yours as
well.

Amistad
'also enjoying the very low mintage!'

Old November 13th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Brian Blackwell

"Amistad" wrote in message
[...]

Ironic that they would celebrate our rejection of the monarchy with
"crowns". 8-)

Old November 13th 06, 04:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D

Amistad wrote:
[...]

Nice Coin......JOOC what was the price?

--
Those who would give up ESSENTIAL LIBERTY to purchase a little TEMPORARY SAFETY, deserve
neither LIBERTY nor SAFETY.

Pennsylvania Assembly
November 11, 1755
Old November 13th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"George D" sought to know more about the transaction:
Nice Coin......JOOC what was the price?

I gave the dealer a twenty, and he handed me back a five.

Amistad
'enjoying my new discovery!'

Old November 14th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Amistad wrote:

I gave the dealer a twenty, and he handed me back a five.

Amistad
'enjoying my new discovery!'

You did done good! IIRC these were selling for $20 when released 30
years ago and
it has over an ounce of silver in it. Double melt price aint bad on a
BU crown size coin.

Old November 15th 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George D

Amistad wrote:
"George D" sought to know more about the transaction:
Nice Coin......JOOC what was the price?

I gave the dealer a twenty, and he handed me back a five.

Amistad
'enjoying my new discovery!'

I want one... Nice coin for a nice price...