Strange Darkness on these Rainbow Morgans????

Old May 28th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Strange Darkness on these Rainbow Morgans????

Is it my imagination or is something wrong with the Rainbows or Tones
on these?
Here are a couple, but there are several more...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-O-ACG-MS66-... QcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1881-S-NTC-MS68-...cmd ZViewItem

Does it seem like there is a shadow going all the way across the bottem
of the slab, making the toneing seem darker and maybe more attractive
to bidders???

Makes me sad as they might be ok without the crap trick, which would
prevent me from buying from this guy at any price.

Your friend in coins,
Rick

Old May 28th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On 28 May 2006 07:24:09 -0700, "BigDog" is alleged to
have written:
Is it my imagination or is something wrong with the Rainbows or Tones
on these?
Here are a couple, but there are several more...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-O-ACG-MS66-... QcmdZViewItem

Why would anyone counterfeit an ACG slab? In any case the coin looks
like it spent some time in a frying pan. Clearly AT, likely going to
turn real ugly in a few years.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1881-S-NTC-MS68-...cmd ZViewItem

This also looks like a counterfeit slab! Why on earth would anyone
counterfeit a bottom feeder slab?

Does it seem like there is a shadow going all the way across the bottem
of the slab, making the toneing seem darker and maybe more attractive
to bidders???

Well, the coins are obviously AT, in counterfeit holders. It would not
be a shock to find that photos had been through Photoshop as well.

Makes me sad as they might be ok without the crap trick, which would
prevent me from buying from this guy at any price.

Run away screaming.

Bruce (If Al didn't have me blocked, I'd drop him a line on this guy)
ANA R162074
EAC 3606

To email me, remember that RoadRunner
and Coyote do not mix.
Old May 28th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"BigDog" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it my imagination or is something wrong with the Rainbows or Tones
on these?
Here are a couple, but there are several more...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-O-ACG-MS66-...0QQitemZ842516
9801QQcategoryZ39465QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1881-S-NTC-MS68-...DLR_W0QQitemZ8
425219197QQcategoryZ39465QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does it seem like there is a shadow going all the way across the bottem
of the slab, making the toneing seem darker and maybe more attractive
to bidders???

Makes me sad as they might be ok without the crap trick, which would
prevent me from buying from this guy at any price.

Your friend in coins,
Rick

Artificially toned. Better off melted.

John

Visit the RCCers favorite coins web page
http://mysite.verizon.net/jcarney44/coins/rccers.html

Old May 28th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Take a look at the other toned slabs,some from ncg and pcgs, and they
have the same shadow across the bottem of the slab. I am not smart
enough to spot a fake slab, or artifical tone, but when shadow goes
past the edges of the coin into the plastic of the slab makes me say
hmmmmmmm..

Rick

Old May 28th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BigDog wrote:
Is it my imagination or is something wrong with the Rainbows or Tones
on these?
Here are a couple, but there are several more...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-O-ACG-MS66-... QcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1881-S-NTC-MS68-...cmd ZViewItem

The shade of red is far too bright for naturally toned coins. These
look like experiments gone bad.

Anita

Old May 28th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

How about the pcgs and ngc slabs????? AT also??

What about the shadow which was my OP to begin with. I can't spot AT,
or Fake slabs, but I think I can spot an attempted fraud to make a tone
look darker in one corner??

Your thoughts on THIS???

Rick

Old May 28th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BigDog wrote:
How about the pcgs and ngc slabs????? AT also??

What about the shadow which was my OP to begin with. I can't spot AT,
or Fake slabs, but I think I can spot an attempted fraud to make a tone
look darker in one corner??

Your thoughts on THIS???

dmplrainbow is well-known to many of us in the group. I suspect the
pictures are bad ones that he has photoshopped to even look worse. I
don't know if the shadow is hiding anything. His poor quality photos do
that well enough without needing to shadow. I get the feeling that the
shadow just came about by setting his coin somewhere and snapping a
shot without worrying about lighting or focus. Since he photoshops his
photos, he could make toning look darker without the aid of shadows.
Usually he tries to make them look neon monster, which makes them look
AT even when they aren't. I didn't pay any attention to who was selling
the coins until you drew my attention back to them. I have never bought
from this seller and, from what I've heard, I wouldn't begin anytime
soon.

Anita

Old May 28th 06, 10:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"BigDog" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is it my imagination or is something wrong with the Rainbows or Tones
on these?
Here are a couple, but there are several more...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-O-ACG-MS66-... QcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1881-S-NTC-MS68-...cmd ZViewItem

Does it seem like there is a shadow going all the way across the bottem
of the slab, making the toneing seem darker and maybe more attractive
to bidders???

Makes me sad as they might be ok without the crap trick, which would
prevent me from buying from this guy at any price.

Your friend in coins,
Rick

Anyone bidding on this seller's "toned" coins should be locked up for their
own safety. Billy

Old May 29th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"BigDog" wrote in
ups.com:

Is it my imagination or is something wrong with the Rainbows or Tones
on these?
Here are a couple, but there are several more...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1900-O-ACG-MS66-...W_W0QQitemZ842
5169801QQcategoryZ39465QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1881-S-NTC-MS68-...AN-DLR_W0QQite
mZ8425219197QQcategoryZ39465QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does it seem like there is a shadow going all the way across the bottem
of the slab, making the toneing seem darker and maybe more attractive
to bidders???

Makes me sad as they might be ok without the crap trick, which would
prevent me from buying from this guy at any price.

Your friend in coins,
Rick

looks like bad lighting with diagonal shadow at bottom of obverse, top of
reverse pictures.

Bad focus also.

--
bz

infinite set.

remove ch100-5 to avoid spam trap
Old May 30th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Photoshopped