seeburg SMC3 question

Old July 24th 05, 07:26 PM
Keith Stelter

I believe that there is a spring loaded test switch for testing that allows
free play when held.
I have used a small piece of plastic or metal to permanently hold that
switch in test position to allow constant free play on the SMC models.
I' know that it's a hillbilly fix, but it works.
"mmplain" wrote in message
lkaboutcollecting.com...
I have a Seeburg SMC3 Prelude and don't have a manual yet. Is there a way
to set it on constant free play? I can only add 10 credits at a time with
the credit switch right now.

Thanks,

Mark

Old July 25th 05, 01:40 PM
Charley

Not positive if this will work on an SMC3, but try removing the PC card that
sets the pricing. Without it I believe that it will allow free play. Earlier
Seeburgs worked this way.
Let us know about your success/failure.
--
Charley

Old July 26th 05, 03:47 AM
Tony Miller

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:53:32 +0200, "mmplain"
wrote:

I have a Seeburg SMC3 Prelude and don't have a manual yet. Is there a way
to set it on constant free play? I can only add 10 credits at a time with
the credit switch right now.

Thanks,

Mark

It is possible to put the machine into continuous free play, where
each record is played in succession. To do this:

a. Place the Service switch into the Service position, and leave
it there.

b. While holding the Credit switch in the on position, push ‘00'
on the selector keypad.

c. Release the Credit switch, leaving the Service switch in the
Service position.

To get back to normal mode, return the Service switch to the Normal
position.

Cheers,

Tony Miller
Old July 26th 05, 03:49 AM
Tony Miller

wrote:

I have a Seeburg SMC3 Prelude and don't have a manual yet. Is there a way
to set it on constant free play? I can only add 10 credits at a time with
the credit switch right now.

Thanks,

Mark

But to actually put it into freeplay (rather than play all):

It is also possible to put the machine into continuous free credit
mode, giving unlimited free credits. To do this:

a. Place the Service Switch into the Service position, and leave
it there.

b. While holding the Credit switch in the on position, push ‘99'
on the selector keypad.

c. Release the Credit switch, leaving the Service switch in the
Service position.
As before, to get back into Normal mode, return the Service switch to
the Normal position.

Cheers again,

Tony Miller
Old July 28th 05, 12:36 PM